Description of Problem 100000000086
How do I clear the flashing Drum LED (light blinking)? How do I install a new drum unit?Description of Solution 200000000087
The Drum LED alternating ON for 2 seconds and OFF for 3 seconds occurs when the drum unit is nearing the end of its life.
We recommend ordering a replacement drum unit (DR350) and using the current drum until you have a print quality problem; then replace the drum unit with a new one as follows:
NOTE: Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge.Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. Open the front cover (by pulling the tabs on the left and right side of the printer towards you) while the power of the printer is ON.
2. Lift the drum unit slightly and pull it out. Place the drum unit on a piece of disposable paper or cloth to avoid spilling and scattering thetoner.
3. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum by holding down the lock lever (blue tab) on the left side of the drum unit and lift the toner out.
*Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wash it off with cold water.
4. Unpack the new drum unit.
5. Place the toner cartridge into the drum (be sure it clicks into place).
6. Reseat the drum unit into the printer pressing it in securely.
7. Keep the GO button pressed down for approximately 4 seconds until allthe LEDs on the control panel light up. Release the GO button when all LEDs light up.
8. Close the front cover making sure it latches on both sides. The DRUM LED should stop flashing.