Description of Problem 100000001434
How do I replace the drum unit?Description of Solution 200000001873
Follow the procedure below to replace drum unit:
1. Press the cover release button and then open the front cover of the printer.
2. Take out the drum unit assembly (drum unit with the toner cartridge).
Note: We recommend that you place the drum unit assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
Note: To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, do not touch the electrodes.
3. Push down the blue lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of thedrum unit assembly.
Note: Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe or wash it off with cold water.
Note: Do not touch the green or brown image drum (roller) parts to prevent any degradation to the print quality.
4. Unpack the new drum unit.
Note: Wait to unpack a drum unit until immediately before you put it in the printer. Exposure to direct sunlight or room light may damage the drum unit.
5. Put the toner cartridge firmly into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put the cartridge in properly, the blue lock lever
will lift automatically.
Note: Make sure you insert the toner cartridge properly, or it may separate from the drum unit when you pick up the drum unit assembly.
6. Gently wipe the scanner window with a dry, soft cloth.
7. Put the drum unit assembly in the printer. Make sure that the printeris turned on and the front cover is open.
8. Reset the drum counter. With the front cover still open, hold the GObutton until the display says "RESET DRUM >>>>" Then let go
of the GO button.
Note: Do not reset the drum counter when you replace only the toner cartridge.
9. Close the front cover of the printer.
Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drumunits and/or toner cartridges. Each Brother laser printer is designed towork at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed towork with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brothersupplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party drum units, toner cartridges ortoner.