Description of Problem 100000001630
How do I reset the drum counter when installing a new drum unit?Description of Solution 200000002111
Use the following steps to reset the drum counter when installing a new drum unit.
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on and the Drum LED is blinking.Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
2. Press and hold down Go until the LCD display shows message DRUM CLEARand then release Go.
3. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
4. Push down the blue lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of thedrum unit.
5. Unpack the new drum unit.
6. Put the toner cartridge firmly into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you installed the cartridge properly, the blue lock lever will lift automatically.
CAUTION: Make sure that you put in the toner cartridge properly, or it may separate from the drum unit.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Make sure that the Drum LED is now off.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum unitsand/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.