Description of Problem 100000001863
Why do the printed pages have white or blank vertical lines or streaks?Description of Solution 200000002409
Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drumunits and/or toner cartridges. Each Brother laser printer is designed towork at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed towork with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brothersupplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party drum units, toner cartridges ortoner.
Cleaning the scanner window and drum unit corona wire may clear this issue. Follow the steps below:
NOTE: When you clean the inside of the printer, pay attention to the following: If your clothes are smeared with toner, wipe off the toner with a dry cloth and immediately wash the clothes in cold water to avoidstains. Be careful not to inhale the toner. After you have just used theprinter, some parts inside the printer are extremely hot. When you open the front cover of the printer, never touch the fuser and fixing roller.
1. Turn off the printer power switch on the left side of the printer, and then unplug the printer power cord.
2. Press the round cover release button on the top right of the printer and open the front cover of the printer.
3. Pull out the drum unit assembly (drum unit with the toner cartridge).We recommend that you place the drum unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spillor scatter toner.
4. Wipe the scanner window with a dry, soft cloth. The scanner window islocated on the roof of the inside of the printer.
5. On top of the DR-600 drum unit, locate the blue tab on the left side.Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding theblue tab from right to left several times. Replace the blue tab in its home position on the left side of the drum unit. If you do not, printed pages will have a black vertical line.
6. Put the drum unit assembly back in the printer.
7. Close the front cover.
8. Plug the printer power cord back in, and then turn the printer power switch back on.
9. If the printed pages still have white or blank vertical lines or streaks down the page the toner cartridge may be damaged. Replace it with a new TN-670 toner cartridge.
10. If the printed pages still have white or blank vertical lines or streaks down the page after installing a brand new genuine Brother TN-670 toner cartridge, the drum unit may be damaged. Replace it with a new DR-600 drum unit.
11. If the printed pages still have white or blank vertical lines or streaks down the page after installing a brand new genuine Brother TN-670 toner cartridge and DR-600 drum unit, you may have damaged to thescanner glass or optics inside of the printer.
The printer has a one year limited exchange warranty. If the printer is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the printer is out of warranty, contact a Brother Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: