Description of Problem 100000002668
How can I correct a "Check Printer Message"?Description of Solution 200000003345
Please follow these instructions:
1. Turn off the power and unplug the machine from the wall outlet.
2. Open the Top Cover and examine the interior of the machine where the Carrier moves left and right. Look for any foreign materials that could be jamming the Carrier. For example, the Correction Tape may have come off one of its Spools and be entangled and preventing the Carrier from moving.
3. Gently move the Carrier left and right. Does it move freely?
4. If the answer is yes, and no foreign matter was found, the machine isin need of repair.
5. If the answer is no, is something jamming the Carrier. Can it be easily removed, remove it. Plug the machine back into the wall outlet and turn it on again.
If the problem continues, your unit will need servicing. You can locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area:
or for automated assistance by telephone, dial (1-800-284-4357) and select Option 2 to access our fax back system. This system can provide you with printed information via facsimile or a verbal listing of the Authorized Service Centers in your area.