Description of Problem 100000006104
Why do my labels have a white horizontal line running through the text of the label or parts of the characters on the label is missing?Description of Solution 200000007386
The problem could be a result of foreign material on the surface of the print head. This problem can be corrected by cleaning the print head, follow the steps below.
1. Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord from the machine.
2. Open the top cover and remove the roll of labels from the machine.
3. Locate the Print Head; it is a white ceramic piece about 4-1/2 incheslong located just in front of the one-inch long black plastic guide.
4. Clean the print head using a cotton swab dampen with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, gently wipe the dark brown strip along the print head.
5. Re-install the roll of labels and close the top cover.
6. Plug the power cord back into the machine and turn on the machine.
7. Printout a label and check the print quality.
If the problem persists, your machine may require service.
The machine has a two year limited exchange warranty. If the machine is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the machine is out of warranty, contact a Brother Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: