Description of Problem 100000006219
How do I improve the print quality? How do I clean the printer?Description of Solution 200000007530
Please follow these cleaning steps for your printer.
1. Turn off the printer power switch, and then unplug the printer power cord.
2. Press the round cover release button on the top right of the printer and open the front cover of the printer.
3. Take out the drum unit assembly (drum unit with the toner cartridge).
4. Wipe the scanner window with a dry, soft cloth. The scanner window islocated on the roof of the inside of the printer.
5. On top of the drum (DR600) unit, locate the blue tab on the left side. Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab from right to left several times. Replace the blue tab in its home position on the left side of the drum unit.
6. Remove the toner cartridge (TN670) from the drum unit. To remove the toner from the drum: hold down the blue lever on the right side of the drum and lift the toner off of the drum unit.
7. Inside the drum unit there is a roller. Wipe the drum roller with a dry tissue (i.e. Kleenex). You may turn this roller by moving the black gears on the far left side.
8. Replace the toner cartridge back on the drum unit. Replace the drum unit assembly back into the printer. Close the front cover. Plug in the printer power cord. Power the printer back on.
If the printed pages still have horizontal lines, spots, smudges or black pages install a brand new drum unit (DR600). If the printed pages are still faint, have a gray background or vertical lines install a brand new toner cartridge (TN670).
Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drumunits and/or toner cartridges. Each Brother laser printer is designed towork at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed towork with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brothersupplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party drum units, toner cartridges ortoner.
The printer has a one year limited exchange warranty. If the printer is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the printer is out of warranty, contact a Brother Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: