Description of Problem 100000007380
How do I clear the messages "Paper Jam" and "Pls
Open Cover" from the display? Description of Solution 200000009053
To clear the messages "Paper Jam" and "Pls Open
Cover" from the display of the Brother machine follow the steps listed
1. Unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet.
2. Remove all paper from the paper tray by pulling tray cover to the
3. If a sheet of paper is jammed, pull the jammed sheet of paper gentlyfrom
the top of the paper tray, toward the back of the machine.
4. If the paper remains jammed or if there is not enough paper sticking out
of the paper tray, open the top cover by pushing down on the button located on
the top right side of the Brother machine between the paper tray and the
automatic document feeder. Pull the paper from inside the machine toward the
front of the machine. This will guide the paper along the paper path.
5. Verify the ribbon cartridge is installed correctly by following the steps
a. Remove the cartridge out of the Brother machine by lifting it out using
the black tabs on both sides of the cartridge and hold it in the same position
it was in when you had it in the Brother machine.
b. Remove any slack in the ribbon by turning the black knob on the rightside
of the cartridge counterclockwise or away from you. The black knob will be on
the opposite end of the blue knob.
c. Place the cartridge back into the Brother machine with the blue knob on
the bottom left side.
6. Close the top cover securely.
7. Make sure the Paper Wire Extension is installed on the paper tray.
8. Next, reinstall the recording paper.
a. Open the paper tray cover on the paper tray by pulling it toward you.
b. Fan the paper and reinsert it into the tray. The paper cassette can hold
up to 200 sheets of 20lb paper.
c. Securely close the paper tray cover.
9. Plug the Brother machine back into the AC power outlet.
10. When the display returns to the date and time test the machine by
printing the Help List. Press the Quick-Scan/Reports key located on the right
side of the control panel and 1 on the dial pad.
If the paper continues and your machine is within warranty, you can locate a
Brother Authorized Service Center (ASC) in your area by clicking on the link
http://www.brother-usa.com/service/default.aspx ï¿½or contact
Brother Customer Service by calling 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) Monday
through Friday, excluding holidays.
If your machine is out of warranty, you can locate a Brother Authorized
Service Center using the information listed above.