Description of Problem 100000007953
I get an Error or General Error message on the computer when printing orscanning. What can I do? (Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, NT)Description of Solution 200000009903
To resolve this issue, please complete the following steps:
1. Verify the LCD display of the machine shows date and time. If an error message appears (i.e Paper jam), troubleshoot for that error message and once the error has been resolved, attempt to print again.
2. Check that the cable is securely connected between the Brother machine and PC. The cable must also be DIRECTLY connected from the Brother machine to an available serial port on your computer. Do not use a gender adapter to plug the machine into a parallel port. Additionally, we recommend the cable be no longer than 6 ft. If any ofthese conditions were corrected, please attempt to print again. If you are still unable to print, continue to the next step.
3. Next, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Brother MFL II software. In order to complete this step, you will need to locate your Brother MFL II CD. If you have the CD, proceed to the next step. If you do not have the CD, you will need to contact the Brother Fax Customer Service Center on 1-800-284-4329, Monday through Friday, 9:00am- 7:00pm EST, excluding holidays to order a new CD (part number LE4502001).
a. Click START, then click PROGRAMS.
b. Click MULTI-FUNCTION LINK II from the drop down options, then click UNINSTALL. A message will appear stating: Multi-function Link II Un-Installer.
c. Click OK. A message will appear stating: Are you sure?
d. Click YES. A message will appear stating: Removing system file.
e. Click YES. A message will appear stating: Multi-Function Link II hasnow been removed.
f. Click OK.
The Brother MFL Link II software has now been uninstalled. Continue to the next step to reinstall the software.
a. Insert the CD. After the Brother logo image appears, the CD main menu will appear.
b. Click INSTALL MULTI-FUNCTION LINK SOFTWARE. A message will appear stating: This function may take a moment.
c. Click OK. A message will appear stating: Multi-Function Link II Setup.
d. Click INSTALL. Messages will appear stating: Installing and then Installation Complete
e. Click RUN PROGRAM. A message will appear stating: Multi-Functions Link II Setup Wizard.
f. Click NEXT. Fill in the form with your information (i.e: Name, Company Name, Phone)
g. Click NEXT. Fill in the form with your information (i.e: Address, City, State)
h. Click NEXT. A message will appear stating: What COM port would you like to use?
i. Click AUTO DETECT. A message will appear stating: Detecting modem. Once the computer detects the port connected to the Brother device, a message will appear next to the appropriate port stating: Brother deviceis found.
NOTE: If a port is NOT detected, leave the computer as is and continue to the AUTO DETECT TROUBLESHOOTING section at the end of this document.
j. Verify the correct port is selected, then click OK. A message will appear stating: What COM port would you like to use? The appropriate COM port will already be listed in the dropdown field.
k. Click NEXT. After several moments, a message will appear stating: Multi-Function Link II Setup. If you would like the MFL II software to run at startup, place a check in the box. Otherwise, leave the box unchecked.
l. Click FINISH. The Multi-Function Link II window will appear with themain menu in the background.
m. Close the small window by click the X in the upper right corner. There is a 1 to 2 second delay before the window closes.
n. Click EXIT on the main menu to return to your desktop.
You can now use your Brother machine with the computer.
AUTO DETECT TROUBLESHOOTING
If the Auto Detect process did not find the Brother machine, continue the install by doing the following:
1. From the Auto-Detect window, a message will appear stating: No modem found.
2. Click OK. The Setup Wizard will appear again.
3. Click NEXT.
4. Click FINISH. You will be returned to the MFL Link II main menu.
5. Click EXIT. You have completed the install, however, you do not havea connected port. You will now need to verify a communication port is available on your computer. The port must not be shared with any other devices. Verify the following before retrying to Auto Detect a COM Port:
6. The Brother machine is securely connected directly to an available 9 or 25 pin serial port. Do not use a gender adapter.
7. The LCD display of the machine shows date and time. If an error message appears (i.e Paper jam), troubleshoot for that error message andonce the error has been resolved, attempt to print again.
8. The serial port is enabled in the computer#s BIOS. For specific directions on how to check the BIOS of your computer, you will need to contact your computer manufacturer.
9. The serial port has an available communication port, IRQ address and port address. For specific instructions, you will need to contact your computer manufacturer.
10. No other software or drivers are loaded on the communication port used by the Brother machine. For specific instructions, you will need to contact your computer manufacturer.
11. Once the above items have been verified, do the following to complete the Auto Detect:
a. Click START -> PROGRAMS -> MULTI-FUNCTION LINK II. This will open the Multi-Function Link II window.
b. On the menu bar, click SETUP ->PORT on the drop down list. If PORT is grayed out, click on any part of the blank gray area of the box. It may take several clicks on the gray area before the PORT option becomes available. Then, re-click SETUP. PORT should no longer be grayed out.
c. Click PORT once it is available and a dialog box will appear stating:Communication Port Setup.
d. If you already know the port that the Brother machine is connected to, enter it in the port field and click OK. Continue to Step f. If you do not know the port, click the AUTO DETECT button. The computer will then search for the appropriate port.
e. Once the computer detects the port connected to the Brother device, a message will appear next to the appropriate port stating: Brother device is found. Click OK.
NOTE: If the process locks up, hit Control + Alt + Delete and end the MFL Link II task. Then, go back through Steps a - d and, at Step d, enter the appropriate port manually. Do not use Auto Detect. Then, click OK.
f. A dialog box will appear stating: Communication Port Setup. Click OK.
g. A message will appear stating: The new port selection will now appear. Click OK. The correct port has now been selected. In order toactivate the port, the Multi-Function Link II window will need to be closed and reopened.
h. From the MFL Link II menu bar, click FILE -> EXIT to close the window.
i. Click START -> PROGRAMS -> MULTI-FUNCTION II to reopen the window.
The new port selection will now be in effect and you can use your computer with the Brother machine.