Description of Problem 100000011684
How do I clear the messages Paper Jam and Pls Open Cover from the display? feed, misfeedDescription of Solution 200000014955
To clear the messages Paper Jam and Pls Open Cover from the display, follow the steps listed below:
1. Unplug the power cord. If jammed paper is visible, pull the jammed paper gently from the top of the paper tray, toward the back of the machine.
2. If the paper remains jammed or if there is not enough paper sticking out of the paper tray, open the top cover by pushing down on the button located on the top right side of the unit between the paper tray and theautomatic document feeder. Pull the paper from inside the machine towardthe front of the machine. This will guide the paper along the paper path.
3. Close the top cover securely and plug in the power cord.
4. Make sure the Paper Paper Wire Extension is installed on the paper tray.
5. Next, reinstall the recording paper. Open the paper tray cover on the paper tray by pulling it toward you. Fan the paper and reinsert it into the tray. The paper cassette can hold up to 200 sheets of 20lb paper. Securely close the paper tray cover.
6. When the display returns to the date and time test the machine by printing the Help List. Press the Quick-Scan/Reports key located on the right side of the control panel and 1 on the dial pad.
If the paper continues to jam verify the ribbon cartridge is installed correctly by following the steps listed below:
1.Open the top cover by pushing down on the button located on the top right side of the unit between the paper tray cover and the automatic document feeder.
2. Remove the cartridge out of the unit by lifting it out using the black tabs on both sides of the cartridge and hold it in the same position it was in when you had it in the unit.
3. Verify the cartridge and the ribbon are positioned correctly. The part of the cartridge casing that should be the furthest from you shouldhave "brother" appearing on the left side and a ribbed triangle inthe middle. This is also the part of the cartridge with the white knob on the left side. The part of the cartridge closest to you is a blank rectangle with a blue knob on the left side of the casing.
4. Next, check how the ribbon is wound on the rollers. The ribbon should feed from the top of the back roller (the one with the white knob) to the underside of the front roller (the one with the blue knob).If the ribbon is wound on the roller correctly skip to Step 7. If the ribbon does not appear to be in the cartridge correctly continue to the next step.
5. On each end of the roller casing, there are black tabs. Pull the black tabs off the notches to pop open the casing. Be careful that the rollers do not roll off the surface you are working on once they are outof the casing. Place the casing to the side and place the rolls horizontally on a flat surface. Pull the 4 knobs out of the ends of therolls. There is one white knob, one blue knob and 2 black knobs. The roller that is dull is to be in the front and the shiny roller is to be in the back. The ribbon should go from the top of the shiny roll down to the bottom of the dull roll. Replace the knobs into the ends of the rolls by placing the two black knobs into the right side of the rollers and the white and blue ones into the left side of the rollers. The blueknob goes into the left end of the roller closest to you (dull). Make sure that the notches on the knobs fit into the slits on the end of the rollers.
6. Next, take the plastic casing so that "brother" and the ribbed triangle are the furthest away from you. Place the shiny roll with the white and black knobs into the side of the cartridge marked "brother" and lock the tabs into place. Now, place the dull roll with the blue and black knobs into the blank side of the casing. Again, lock the tabsinto place.
7. Remove any slack in the ribbon by turning the blue knob on the left side of the cartridge counterclockwise or away from you.
8.Place the cartridge back into the unit with the blue knob on the bottom left side. Close the cover.
10. When the display returns to the date and time test the machine by printing the Help List. Press the Quick-Scan/Reports key located on the right side of the control panel and 1 on the dial pad.
If problem continues and your unit is within Warranty, you can click to locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area by clicking on the link listed below:
http://www.brother.com/usa and selecting Service Centers from the options listed on the left side of the page or for automated assistance by telephone, dial (1-800-284-4357) and select Option 2 to access our fax back system. This system can provide you with printed information via facsimile or verbal listings of the Authorized Service Centers in your area. You may also contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-284-4329. The center is open Monday -Friday, 9:00am - 7:00pm EST, excluding holidays. If you are out of warranty, you need to contact a Brother Authorized Service Center using the information listed above.