Description of Problem 100000016578
Why is one inch piece of lead tape feed prior to every label that printsout and can this tape waste be eliminated?Description of Solution 200000021255
The one inch (25mm) piece of tape that is produced
prior to every label cannot be eliminated due to the construction of the tape
mechanism. However, when you print more than one label continuously (using the
Copies or Numbering function), the subsequent labels can be printed without the
However, you can reduce the amount of waste by setting the Margin to Narrow
or to Chain Print (for creating more than one label at a time).
1. Press the Function key (letters Fn on key top).
2. Press the Left or the Right arrow key until Margin is displayed.
3. Press the OK key; the current margin setting will be on the display.
4. Press the Left or the Right arrow key until the desire margin is
a. Select Narrow for 1/6-inch margins.
b. Select Half for 1/2-inch margins.
c. Select Full for 1-inch margins.
d. Select Chain Print for printing more than 1 label with minimum
5. Press the #OK# key to apply the selected margin.
Note1: After printing labels with the tape margin set to
Half or Narrow,cut along the printed two dots with scissors so the text is
centered on the label.
Note2: After printing labels with the tape margin set to
Chain Print, hold down the Shift key and then press the Print (Feed) key to feed
the tape before pressing the tape cutter lever.