Description of Problem 100000017695
How do I create a form typing file?Description of Solution 200000022594
To create a new form typing file:
1. From the MAIN MENU screen press 3 (F TYPE).
2. Position the cursor on NEWFILE and press the return key.
NOTE: The following message will appear on the LCD: INSERT PAPER AND PRESS RTN.
3. Insert a blank form into the unit by pressing the PINS key then pressthe return key.
NOTE: The following message will be displayed: MOVE CARRIAGE AND PRESS RTN, ITEM 1
4. You can use the following keys to move the carrier position :backspace, index, r index, and the space bar. All of the keys with the exception of the space bar can be used with the CODE key for a micro(small) adjustment. DO NOT USE THE RETURN KEY AS IT IS USED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE FINISHED ADJUSTING THE POSITION.
5. After the print position and alignment have been set for the first item press the return key.
NOTE: The following message will be displayed: ITEM 1 NAME: DATA:
6. You do not have to type anything but you may wish to type in some dummy text( in the ITEM 1 NAME:) to get an idea of what the form will look like when it is filled in. This text will not be printed.
NOTE: The maximum allowed length of any data is 120 characters.
NOTE: You can move between the 2 fields by using the R INDEX and INDEX keys.
7. If you want to print the text press the return key. If you want to move the carriage down without printing press the Code + Return key.
8. If the next item of the form is on the same line as the one just completed you can press the Tab key to print the text and stop on the same line. You can also press the Code +Tab to move the carriage withoutprinting.
9. Repeat steps 4 thru 8 for every item on the form.
NOTE: The maximum number of items on a form is 80.
10. After completing all items on the form you will save the form . Press the MENU key.
NOTE: The following message will be displayed (1: POSITION SET 2: DEL ALL(FILL IN))
11. Press 2 to delete any text that was typed on the DATA line of the item.
12. Press the FILE key.
NOTE: The following message will be displayed: PRESS RTN TO SAVE, CORRECT TO ABANDON.
13. Press the return key to save the file.
14. Type in a name for the form.
15. Press the return key to save the file.