Description of Problem 100000017700
How do I remove the packing material?Description of Solution 200000022600
To remove the packing material:
There are 2 pieces of packing material installed in the unit to protect the carriage during shipping. Ensure the power is not on. If the power is on turn the power off during this process.
1. Lift the cover to expose the carriage area.
2. Remove the white or yellow ribbon cassette stopper located on the topof the carbon ribbon by lifting the stopper out of the carriage area.
3. Locate the second stopper situated on the right side of the carriage.
4. There are two long slender pieces extending upwards from the base of the stopper.
5. Pinch the two slender pieces together and lift the stopper out of theunit.
6. Close the cover before turning on power.