Brother has provided a utility that will remove plug and play
drivers from your Microsoft Windows operating system. This utility can be
downloaded from the Brother website. Perform the steps below to
remove these drivers:
NOTE: If your machine came with a
software CD, you may also run the tool by browsing to the location of the tool
on the disc. The location will
vary, but is usually listed as Rempnp
Delinf within a folder labeled
"Tool". Continue to the steps below
to download the latest version of the Uninstall Tool.
1. For instructions on how to download the Uninstall
Tool, refer to the solution: "How
do I navigate the Brother website to download software, drivers, and
2. Locate the file you downloaded and double click on
it. If prompted click RUN.
3. A ZIP Self Decompression window will
launch. Browse to the location where you would like to save the file and
4. You will get a
message stating: "The decompression process was successful." Click
5. Double click on the
folder that was created during the decompression. It will be labeled:
Rempnp or Delinf. The downloaded file will vary depending on
your model and operating system.
6. Double click on the file labeled BrRemPNP.exe
NOTE: You may not see the file extension .exe if the
computer is set to hide known file types. In this case, be sure you select
the file that is an executable application.
7. Depending on which version of the tool you are
using, you may have to select the tab that indicates your product type.
8. Select the Brother machine from the dropdown and
9. Once the uninstall has completed, click
10. Now disconnect the USB cable from your Brother
machine and computer. The uninstall is complete.