Description of Problem 100000019778
Why do my labels have a blank horizontal line (void) running through the text
of the label? Description of Solution 200000025022
Occasionally, specks of dust or dirt become attached to the
print head and rollers. If a section of the print head is covered with dust, a
blank horizontal streak may appear through the label text. Therefore, the print
head may need to be cleaned from time to time.
1. Press the cover release button and open the tape
2. Remove the cassette tape.
3. Close the tape compartment cover.
4. Press the Feed/Cut button (button with the scissors
symbol) one time; you will hear the rollers turn and then stop. Repeat this step
five more times.
5. Re-install the cassette tape, close the tape compartment
cover and print out a label.
If the print head is not cleaned by the self cleaning method,
perform the following procedures to clean the print head. These steps are on
page 45 of the User’s Guide.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press the cover release button and open the tape
3. Remove the tape cassette.
4. Use a cotton swab dampened with isopropyl (rubbing)
alcohol, gently wipe up and down along the print head. The print head is
the white ceramic piece mounted on a metal bracket located directly across from
the large black roller.
5. Install the tape cassette and close the tape compartment
6. Turn on the printer and print out a label again.
The print head can be cleaned more easily if the optional
print head cleaning cassette (TZ-CL6) is used.
Note: The machine contains a cutter to cut the printed labels.
Take special care not to touch the cutter when cleaning. The print head is very
hot during use and immediately after use. Do not clean the machine immediately
after printing labels.
If the problem persists, your machine may require
The machine has a two year limited depot warranty. If the
machine requires service, call Brother Mobile Solutions Customer Service at
1-800-255-0415 Monday through Friday, excluding holidays for a Return