Description of Problem 100000020158
The machine does not turn on (no power) when using batteries, how can I
correct this?Description of Solution 200000025468
1. If the machine is new just out the box, please remove the
clear Mylar film on the display. The film obstructs the display and
it is difficult to distinguish if the machine is ON or OFF.
2. Remove the back cover from the machine and remove all six
3. Examine the batteries terminal to see if any
abnormality. They should be bright metallic appearance and look the same
next to each other.
4. Obtain six new ?AAA? Alkaline batteries.
Note: If new batteries not available and reinstalling the
original set did not fix the problem, the batteries could be bad.
5. Insert the first three batteries (bottom set) with their
"+" POSITIVE ends pointing toward the right edge of the machine.
6. Insert the last three batteries (top set) with their "+"
POSITIVE ends pointing toward the left edge of the machine.
7. Reinstall the back cover onto the machine.
8. Press the ON/OFF key (below the display) and then
press the number 1 key few time to see if it shows up on display.
If the problem persists, your machine may require
The machine has a one year limited exchange warranty. If the
machine is in warranty, call Brother Customer Service at 1-877-Brother
(1-877-276-8437) for warranty options.
If the machine is out of warranty, contact a Brother
Authorized Service Center for repair by clicking on the link below: