Brother Mobile Solutions Introduces Innovative, Handheld, Industrial Labeler at BICSI Winter Conference
Newest Addition to the P-touch EDGE® Line is Engineered to Help Contractors Easily and Affordably Label Virtually Anything
Broomfield, Colo. January 16, 2013 – Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. (BMS) a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation and premier provider of products for the mobile workforce, today introduced the PT-E100 labeling system, a compact, handheld device designed specifically for contractors in the field.
“By developing an affordable, yet technologically advanced labeling system, we have armed the contractor with an easy-to-use tool for use by the entire crew that can label nearly anything on a job”
As the newest member of the company’s popular P-touch EDGE® family of industrial handheld labeling systems, the PT-E100 was engineered for extreme simplicity and priced to outfit the entire crew. Highlighting the system’s ease of use, application keys help contractors label cables by simply selecting the diameter of a cable or the precise width of a faceplate to create legible, long-lasting labels in just a few key strokes. By integrating smart layout features with intuitive navigation and simple display messaging, the PT-E100 allows contractors to create professional labels in the field without having to resort to a manual for detailed instructions.
The PT-E100 employs Brother™ HGe and TZe tapes that come in an easy-to-load, drop-in cartridge that contains all the necessary components to print a thermal-transfer laminated label. Utilizing an innovative thermal transfer laminating process with smart sensing technology, the PT-E100 creates automatic imaging settings to print near perfect laminated labels. Powered by Brother technology with a proven history of quality and reliability, the PT-E100 will produce UL® recognized labels that withstand fading, abrasion, extreme temperatures, harsh chemicals and moisture, and is backed by a two-year, limited exchange warranty.
“We strongly believe that labels are the thumbprint of professionalism and a critical element of properly documenting the job,” said Ravi Panjwani, vice president of marketing and product management for Brother Mobile Solutions. “The PT-E100 is a compact, easy to use, handheld labeling system specifically created to meet the contractor’s needs and priced to equip the entire crew to seamlessly type and print extraordinary labels.”
Additional key PT-E100 features include:
- Prints more characters per label – New font sizing technology enables up to seven alpha-numeric, clearly formed and readable characters to be printed across 12mm wide cable wrap label. Ideal for conforming to the ANSI / EIA / TIA-606 identifier format.
- Alpha and numeric serializing – Prints up to nine labels with a number or letter automatically incremented on each level.
- Large LCD display
- Faster printing speed – New mechanism design is now compatible with HGe tape and can print labels up to two times faster than previous BMS models.
- Multi-lingual user interface – Menus and navigation messages can be configured in 20 different languages, making the system user friendly for virtually everyone on the crew.
- HGe and TZe Tapes – Compatible with both HGe and TZe varieties of P-touch tapes that offer adhesive and color choices for any labeling application.
- Prints laminated labels – Innovative technology prints and laminates the label automatically, encapsulating the print between two protective layers to assure longevity.
- Thermal transfer printing made simple – Uses an all-in-one, drop-in cartridge design that provides the highest print quality and makes replacing media essentially trouble free by virtually eliminating issues associated with wrinkled ink ribbons, alignment problems and poor print quality from incompatible media or wrong imaging settings.
“By developing an affordable, yet technologically advanced labeling system, we have armed the contractor with an easy-to-use tool for use by the entire crew that can label nearly anything on a job,” said Panjwani.
BMS will introduce the PT-E100 at 2013 BICSI Winter Conference & Exhibition January 20 – 24, 2013 in Tampa, Florida – Booth 277.
Production units will begin shipping late March, 2013. For additional information on the Brother PT-E100 labeling system, please visit: www.edgelabeling.com.
About Brother Mobile Solutions
Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation which had revenues of approximately $1.4 billion in fiscal year 2011. Brother International Corporation and its subsidiaries employ over 1,100 people in the Americas. For more information, visit www.brothermobilesolutions.com.