Industrial labeling tool with PC connectivity and auto cutter
- Prints durable laminated labels up to 24mm wide and heat-shrink tube*
- Includes download capabilities and label-design software
- Built-in auto cutter
- Built-in label application keys
- QWERTY keyboard
- Uses a wide variety of tape colors, sizes and adhesive types
P-touch EDGE® PT-E500 – Setting a New Standard in Industrial Labeling
Our premier industrial labeling tool is designed to set new standards in jobsite accuracy and efficiency – with smart technology, PC connectivity and high performance features that minimize keystrokes and dramatically increase labeling speed and productivity in the field.
Designed by industry professionals for industry professionals, the PT-E500 prints wider labels and is the top-of-the-line model in our next-generation P-touch EDGE® family of industrial handheld labeling tools. Ideal for large, complex IT projects, the PT-E500 combines powerful technology with advanced features and intuitive operation that make the labeling job faster, simpler and more efficient for your entire crew – without the need to read a manual.
Key features of the P-touch EDGE® PT-E500 include:
- QWERTY style keyboard and rugged easy-to-grip design allows comfortable one or two-hand operation that makes printing labels as easy as texting or sending a message.
- Large backlit LCD display provides at-a-glance view of label design settings, including application icons and allows you to preview and edit label markings prior to printing.
- Automatic smart font-sizing technology enables printing of clearly formed, readable characters on durable laminated labels up to 24mm wide – perfect for conforming to the short and long ANSI/EIA/TIA 606x identifier format.
- Built-in automatic cutter can be set to cut labels to specified lengths, whether they are for labeling faceplates, patch panels, punch blocks or general cable runs.
- PC connectivity and built-in software allows you to download and store data from common databases, as well as custom or pre-formatted label templates, which can be saved and downloaded onsite to generate labels with text, symbols and barcodes. This can help save time on the job and help to minimize human error.
- Faster label printing speeds, coupled with automated label cutting, speeds up onsite workflow and helps to increase installation efficiency and productivity.
- Convenient, all-in-one drop-in cartridge design makes it fast and easy to swap out labeling media as needed for specific applications at the site.
- Durable laminated labels encapsulate the print between two protective layers to ensure long-term integrity and readability. P-touch EDGE® industrial thermal printers use UL-recognized labels, and the PT-E500 is compatible with HGe and TZe tapes that offer adhesive and color choices for virtually any labeling application.
- Heat Shrink Tube (HSe) in convenient drop in cartridges designed for the PT-E500 make switching between laminated labels and heat shrink tube easier than ever. Just swap the cartridge! Perfect when you need a smooth, lasting heat shrink identifier for narrow gage or bundled wire and cable.*
- Advanced Alpha and Numeric Serializing allows installers to quickly pre-print labels for a project by automatically incrementing a number and/or letter individually or simultaneously.
With the Brother P-touch EDGE® PT-E500 industrial labeling tool, marking wire or cable installations of any size has never been easier. Smart technology, rugged construction and intuitive operation, with clearly marked buttons and easy-to-follow menus, can help make even the most complex projects go faster. Now, everyone can mark cable systems that can withstand the test of time and meet many of the highest professional standards.