Description of Problem 100000004244
Can my Brother machine print a report to verify a fax I sent was received? (transmission verification, xmit)Description of Solution 200000005183
Your Brother machine is equipped with a Transmission Verification Report, which can be used as proof that you sent a fax. This report lists the name or fax number of the receiving party, the date, time, andduration of the transmission, and the number of pages transmitted. Further, you can use the Transmission Verification Report to determine whether or not your transmission was received successfully.
The Transmission Verification Report is set to #OFF# by default, and automatically prints after each UNSUCCESSFUL transmission. You can program the report to print after every sent fax by turning it #ON.# Additionally, you can program the report to include a portion of the sent fax#s first page by choosing #ON + IMAGE# or #OFF + IMAGE.#
Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- If the Transmission Verification Report is set to #OFF# or #OFF + IMAGE,# then the report will only print after unsuccessful transmissions
- The image will not print if Real Time Transmission is on.
- Unsuccessful transmissions are indicated by #NG# in the RESULT column of the report.
- Successful transmissions are indicated by #OK# in the RESULT column ofthe report.
- If you are faxing to a One-Touch or Speed Dial number that you have stored a name with, then the Transmission Verification Report will display the recipient#s name. Otherwise, the fax number you dialed will be displayed
To set up the Transmission Verification Report, please follow these steps:
1. Press MENU/SET, 2 (Fax), 4 (Report Setting), 1 (Transmission).
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select #OFF + IMAGE,# #ON,# #ON + IMAGE,# or #OFF.#
3. Press the MENU/SET key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
You can also print a Transmission Verification Report for your LAST transmission by pressing REPORTS, 1 (Transmission).