Description of Problem 100000004293
The keys on the control panel do not respond or
triple beep when I press them. What can I do? Description of Solution 200000005238
If the keys on the control panel do not respond or triple beep when you press them follow the steps listed below:
1. Press the keys to see if they respond. For example: if you press the MENU/SET key, the menu options should be displayed on the LCD. If you press one of the DIAL PAD keys the number should appear on the LCD display.
2. If every key triple beeps or does not respond, gently massage each key on the control panel in a circular motion to dislodge any stuck keys. You should do this regardless of whether or not any of the keys appear to be stuck. Then test the functionality of the control panel again, using either the MENU/SET or DIAL PAD keys.
3. If the problem continues, follow steps 1 and 2 again as a stuck key is the most common cause for this problem.
4. If, after massaging all the keys a second time, the problem continues, continue to STEP 5.
5. Unplug your machine from the electrical outlet, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
6.Verify that the date and time are displayed on the LCD. If the LCD displays an error message refer to the necessary solution for the message appearing on the display.
If the problem continues and your machine is within warranty, you can locate a Brother Authorized Service Center (ASC) in your area by clicking on the link below:
http://www.brother-usa.com/service/default.aspx Â or contact Brother Customer Service by calling 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.Â
If your machine is out of warranty, you can locate a Brother Authorized Service Center using the information listed above.