- Cardstock in various colors
- Liquid adhesive and/or hot glue
- Buttons (if desired)
- Glitter glue
Want to hang a banner for decoration from your mantle, above a door, or even make a tiny one for a cake topper? This tutorial has you covered! With the ScanNCut DX, making a custom banner has never been easier. Just select your materials, size, and let the ScanNCut DX do all the hard work of cutting!
In this tutorial we will be focusing on a rainbow of love, and creating a banner that is approximately 5 inches tall and about 20 inches long. I am using built-in designs, a wide assortment of patterned papers, and having an absolute blast celebrating love in all forms and creating a custom banner ready to hang across a mantle or doorway.
- Select the heart design (basic shape pattern) and select a size. Note we will be adding and editing this later.
- Select the tag (there are several in basic pattern shapes) and size to approximately 4 ½ inches long, or to the size specification you would like.
- Once these patterns have both been added, you can now go to the edit screen and make adjustments. For this project I will be cutting 4 larger (approx. 2 ½”) hearts, and 8 smaller (approx. 1 ½”) hearts as well as two tags. You can either move each piece as you would like, or you can select the button to arrange the pieces as they best fit along the top of the paper.
- When all designs are added and you are satisfied with the design, select cut, load your mat with cardstock, and cut your first color.
- When finished, remove the cut designs and paper and place a new paper color down. Select ‘finish’ on your ScanNCut DX screen, then select cut and repeat this process with all remaining colors of paper.
- With all papers cut, it’s assembly time! If you would like any hearts or other elements to dangle down from the banner, secure to the end of a string with hot glue or other adhesive and then set aside to add later to the appropriate heart or other piece that will hang from the main banner ribbon.
- Using a ribbon or twine and hot glue, place a banner piece (or heart) down with glue under the ribbon, then add a bit more glue and ‘sandwich’ another of the same shape and color on top. This will ensure a beautiful banner both front and back.
- Repeat with all pieces and colors until complete. To finish this project, add any buttons, sequins, letters, or other decorations that you would like.
Hanging on the wall or in a window, banners can add such a festive touch and with the ScanNCut DX they are simple, easy, and fast to make!