The Brother ADS-1700W Wireless Compact Desktop Scanner offers fast document digitization through wireless networking and an easy-to-use color Touchscreen in a space-saving, portable design. It scans stacks of double-sided, color and black and white documents up to 25ppm‡ in a single pass with its 20-page capacity auto document feeder. The ADS-1700W supports the scanning of documents, receipts and photos to multiple destinations including File‡, OCR‡, Email‡, Network, FTP, Cloud services‡, Mobile Devices‡ and USB flash memory drive.Scan plastic cards and business cards through a dedicated card slot.
- Fast scan speeds in a compact design. Scans single and double-sided, color and black and white documents in a single pass at up to 25 ppm‡, all in a space-saving, portable design.
- Handles a variety of documents automatically. Easily scan documents up to 34” long, receipts and photos through the 20-page capacity auto document feeder.
- Connect your way. Wireless scanning to PC‡, cloud services‡, mobile‡ and network destinations plus Micro USB 3.0 interface for local connections.
- Easy-to-use and saves time. A 2.8” color Touchscreen display offers one-touch scanning to preset destinations and device settings management. Auto Start Scan allows you to simply drop paper into the feeder to automatically initiate scanning to a predefined profile.
- Compatible with the way you work. Supports multiple “Scan-to” destinations such as File‡, OCR‡, Email‡, Network Folder, FTP, Mobile Devices‡ and USB flash memory drive to help optimize your business processes.
- Versatile scanning. Dedicated card slot makes scanning plastic cards quick and easy.
- Optimizes images and text for storage/classification. Enhances scans with automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through prevention/background removal, text enhancement, color drop.
- Flexibility to support your business processes/system. Supports Windows, Mac® and Linux® environments and offers TWAIN, WIA, ICA, and SANE drivers‡ .
- Do more with bundled software. The included software suite provides document management and OCR software‡.
- At your side support. 1 year limited warranty and free online, call, or live chat technical support for the life of your product.
Advanced Scan Features
- Barcode Support‡
- Barcode Types Supported
- Code 39, Code 128, Codabar, UPC-E, EAN13 / JAN13, QR Code, PDF417, ITF, GS1-128, UPC-A, EAN8 / JAN8, Code 93, Data Matrix
- Color Dropout
- Red, Blue, Green
- Paper Jam Sensor
- Scanner Services
- Hole Punch Removal, Edge Fill, Background Removal, Continuous Scanning, 2-in-1 Scanning, USB Direct Interface, Plastic Card Scanning, Deskew Support
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Bluetooth Compatibility
- Cloud Services (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡
- OneDrive, iCloud (MAC ® OS required), Google Drive™, DropBox, Evernote®
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother iPrint&Scan
- Near Field Communications‡
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB 3.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- Web Services, SNMPv1/v2c, APIPA (Auto IP), CIFS Client, DNS Resolver, FTP Client and Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, ICMP, LLMNR Responder, mDNS, SMTP Client, SNTP Client, WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- Web Services, FTP Client, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, SMTP Client, CIFS Client, HTTP/HTTPS Server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client
- Wi-Fi Certified
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 6.25" x 15.0" x 8.5"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 11.8" x 4.1" x 3.3"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Daily Duty Cycle‡ (max. pages)
- up to 1,000 scans per day
- Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity
- Paper Capacity (max. sheets)
- Paper Size: Multiple Sheets (max.)
- 8.5" (W) x 11" (L)
- Paper Size: Single Sheet‡ (max.)
- 8.5" (W) x 34" (L)
- Plastic Card Sizes (Min/Max)
- 2.0" (W) x 3.18" (L) / 2.17" (W) x 3.56" (L)
- Plastic Card Thickness
- 0.76mm - 1.02mm / Embossed up to 1.24mm
- LCD Display
- Scanner Type
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Ready/Scanning/Sleep
- 0.1W / 4.5W / 9W / 1.6W
- Power Source
- 110-120 V AC 50 / 60 Hz
- Advanced Scanning Features
- Continuous Scan‡, ADF Auto Deskew, Blank Page Skip, ID Scan‡
- Duplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ipm)‡
- Duplex Scanning
- Image Sensor
- Dual CIS
- Included Software
- Nuance® PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows, Brother iPrint&Scan, Power PDF
- Interpolated Scan Resolution (max. dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)
- up to 600 X 600 dpi
- Scan Drivers Included‡
- TWAIN, WIA, ICA, SANE
- Scan File Formats
- TIFF Multi-page, PDF Single-page/Multi-page (Secure PDF, Searchable PDF, PDF/A), Windows Bitmap (BMP), JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF, Portable Network Graphics (PNG), TIFF Single-page/Multi-page (TIF)
- Scan To Feature
- E-mail‡, Cloud Services (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡, Workflow (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡, Image, OCR, File, FTP, USB, Network Folder (CIFS - Windows only), E-mail Server
- Scanning Capability
- Black and White, Color
- Scanning Modes
- 24-Bit Color, 8-Bit Gray Scale, 1-Bit Monochrome
- Simplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ppm)‡
- Security Functions
- SSL/TLS, Setting Lock, Secure Function Lock
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA/PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Carton Contents
- ADS-1700W Scanner, AC Adapter, Quick Setup Guide, Warranty Sheet, and Product Registration Sheet
- 1 Year Limited
PUR2001CThe Brother Genuine PUR-2001C Pick up Roller yields up to 100,000 sheets9 and is made specifically for use with the Brother ADS-1200, ADS-1250W and ADS-1700W compact desktop scanners. Brother Genuine PUR-2001C Pick-up Roller is easy to install and easy to use, and intelligently engineered to work seamlessly with your Brother scanner to deliver superior quality and outstanding reliability. Use only Brother Genuine Pick-up Rollers for consistent results. Brother offers an environmentally responsible way for customers to dispose of their Brother branded products, including pick-up rollers at end of life. Visit www.brother-usa.com/environment for more information.
SP2001CThe Brother Genuine SP-2001C Separation Pad yields up to 10,000 sheets10 and is made specifically for use with the ADS-1200, ADS-1250W and ADS-1700W compact desktop scanners. Brother Genuine SP-2001C separation pad is easy to install and easy to use, and intelligently engineered to work seamlessly with your Brother scanner to deliver superior quality and outstanding reliability. Use only Brother Genuine Separation Pads for consistent results. Brother offers an environmentally responsible way for customers to dispose of their Brother branded products, including separation pads at end of life. Visit www.brother-usa.com/environment for more information.
|Bundled Software ‡||Features dependent upon downloaded driver and software. Bundled document management programs downloaded separately on manufacturer’s website. Internet connection required. Refer to User Guide for more information.|
|Cloud Services ‡||Requires internet connection, Brother iPrint&Scan download and account with desired cloud service.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility ‡||Requires connection to wireless network.|
|Scan Drivers Included ‡||Drivers and bundled software available via download on manufacturer’s website. Internet connection required. Refer to User Guide for more information.|
|Scan to File, Image, OCR, Email ‡||When connected to a PC with Brother iPrint&Scan app downloaded.|
|Scanning Speed ‡ (ppm)||Color and monochrome scan speed, LTR at 300dpi.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information