Designed for home offices and small businesses, the Brother IntelliFAX-2940 delivers fast fax transmission and produces crisp, laser output. This feature-rich laser fax offers many valuable fax features such as fax broadcasting, fax forwarding, 200 speed dial / 22 one-touch locations and even memory security for password-protected printing. The IntelliFAX-2940 also offers convenience copying with a 30-page capacity auto document feeder for faxing and copying multiple pages, up to legal size. For future printing capability‡, it has a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface for up to 24ppm laser printing. Also, help keep your operating costs low by using the optional high capacity replacement toner.
- PC Faxing & Scanning‡. You can send faxes from your computer using the Brother PC Fax software and a free scanner driver is also available (TWAIN and WIA for Windows and ICA for Mac).
- Memory Security. For password-protected printing.
- LCD Backlight. Green LCD backlight to easily see the menu options.
- 33.6K bps fax modem. Fast fax communication (approx. 2.5 sec./page‡) and memory up to 500 pages‡.
- 30-page capacity auto document feeder. For faxing and copying multiple pages, up to legal size.
- 250-sheet paper capacity. A high-capacity, front-loading paper tray is easily accessible and helps reduce the time spent reloading paper. It also adjusts to hold either letter or legal size paper.
- Time-saving features. Automatically send the same fax message to more than one fax number (up to 272 broadcasting locations) or scan a fax into memory while another fax is being sent or received (dual access).
- Superior laser output. Whether you're printing incoming faxes or making copies at up to 24cpm, you can expect high-quality laser output.
- Future printing capability‡. Built-in Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface to connect to your computer for up to 24ppm laser printing.
- High capacity replacement toner cartridge available. Help lower your cost per page by using the optional high capacity replacement toner cartridge.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
- Activity Report/Journal Report
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Broadcasting (Number of Locations)
- Call Waiting/Caller ID/Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory‡ (max. pages)
- Faxing Capability
- Black and White
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Gray Scale Capability
- Mono: 256
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission‡ (approx. sec./page)
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- Advanced Fax Features
- Auto Fax Reduction, Fax Forwarding, Group Dial, Out-of-Paper Reception, Polling, Remote Fax Retrieval
- Best Transmission Speed‡
- Approx. 2.5 seconds per page
- Coding Method
- Delayed Transmission Timers
- ITU-T Group
- Super G3
- Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (pages)‡
- Printer Technology
- B/W Laser
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Black Copy Speed (max. ppm)
- Copy Capability
- Black and White
- Design Style
- Duplex Copying‡
- ID Copy
- Poster Function
- Sorting Function
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages‡)
- Manual Feed Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Media Type
- Plain, Envelopes, Labels
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Optional Paper Capacity
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed
- Letter, Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6
- Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)
- 17-24 lbs.
- Sheet Weight - Manual Feed (Min/Max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Sorting Function
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- One-Touch Dial Locations
- Speed Dial Locations
- Telephone Handset
- Telephone Index Search
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 14.7" x 14.6" x 12.2"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Carton Width
- Carton Height
- Carton Length
- Carton Weight
- 24.9 lbs
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value (kWh/Week)
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 53 dB Operating / 30 dB Standby
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/o condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Ready/Copying
- 1.5W Deep Sleep / 55W Ready / 420W Copying
- Power Source
- 110-120 V AC 50 / 60 Hz
- Carton Contents‡
- Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (1,200 pages‡), (1) DR420 Drum Unit (yields approx. 12,000 pages‡), Telephone Line Cord, Telephone Handset, Handset Curled Cord, User's Guide, Quick Setup Guide, Documentation, CD-Rom, AC Power Cord
- "In-Box" Consumables/Yield‡
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.|
|Caller ID Ready||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Carton Contents‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|PC FAX Capability||Free PC Fax send driver available via download from http://solutions.brother.com.|
|Printing Capability||Printer driver available for download at http://solutions.brother.com. Cable(s) not included.|
|Quick Scan (Memory Transmission)||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Standard Interface(s)‡||Cable(s) not included.|