High-Performance Laser All-in-One for your Business or Small WorkgroupThe MFC-8680DN offers every function and feature that you would need in a laser all-in-one product for your small/medium business or workgroup. Its built-in duplexing (2-sided) is standard for printing, copying, faxing and scanning‡, and it even has a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray convenient for printing envelopes, labels or various types of card stock. It also features a USB direct interface‡ to print from or scan files to your USB flash memory drive.
- Fast printing and copying. Produces crisp monochrome output at an impressive print and copy speed of up to 32 pages per minute.
- Advanced duplex capability. Save paper and reduce costs by printing two-sided documents and booklets. Plus, two-sided scanning using the auto document feeder for copying, scanning and faxing‡.
- High yield toner cartridge included‡. A high yield 8,000 page toner cartridge is included to help lower your operating costs.
- Flexible connectivity. Install the MFC on a wired or wireless network via Ethernet for multiple users to share its printing, scanning and faxing or connect to one computer via USB or Parallel interface.
- Legal-size document glass. Ample room for placing documents on the platen for scanning or copying up to legal-size documents.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet capacity paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper, a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray plus an optional 2nd 250-sheet capacity paper tray to increase your total paper capacity to 550 sheets.
- Convenient walk-up printing and scanning. A USB direct interface‡ is located on the front of the machine for printing from or scanning files to your USB flash memory drive.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother® iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG images) from and scanning to your Android™ Smartphone
- Standard Interface(s)
- Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and Parallel
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive
- Standard Network Interface
- Network (Ethernet) I/F
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, SSL/TLS, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, APOP,POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMP, LLTD responder, WebServices Print, CIFS Client, SNTP
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, SSL/TLS, TFTP client and server,SMTP Client, APOP,POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, LLTD responder, WebServices Print, CIFS Client, SNTP
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 32cpm Black
- Copying Capability
- B/W Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 24.7" x 22.3" x 22.6"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 48.7 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 20.9" x 17.8" x 18.7"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 41.0 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (390 locations)
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps Super G3 Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 600 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 340 locations
- LCD Display
- Yes (Monochrome)
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 30,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (up to 576MB)
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡
- 50-Page ADF
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN650 High Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 8,000 Pages‡)(1) DR620 Drum Unit (yields approx. 25,000 Pages‡)User's GuideQuick Setup GuideAC Power CordTelephone Line CordSoftware CD-ROM for Windows®Software CD-ROM for Mac®
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) TN650 High Yield Toner Cartridge (8,000 Pages)(1) DR620 Drum Unit (25,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS®.|
|Print Technology||Laser Notice: Class 1 Laser Product (IEC 60825-1:2001)|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|"Scan To" Feature†||Scan to E-mail Server requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.|
|USB Direct Interface / PictBridge‡||PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files via your USB flash memory driveUSB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary