A Compact, User-Friendly All-in-One TouchScreen DisplayThe Brother™ MFC-J280w is a compact and easy-to-use inkjet all-in-one TouchScreen Display unit that allows you to print, copy, scan and fax. Its stylish design with patterned lid will complete your modern office. Share this AIO printer with multiple computers on a network using the wireless (802.11b/g/n) network connection. Built-in fax allows you to send and receive documents without using your computer. The 1.9" TouchScreen color LCD display plus Touch Panel controls are ideal for interactive and easy to use menu navigation. Fast print speeds up to 33 ppm black/ 26 ppm color (Fast mode)*; ISO standard 10 ppm black / 8ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)±. Compatible with Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download that allows you to print images (JPEG and PDF) from and scan to your Apple® Android™, or Windows®: Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device±. The 4-cartridge ink system allows you to change only the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Fast Color Printing. With speeds up to 33ppm black and 26ppm color.‡
- 4-Cartridge Ink System. Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- <span class="NoColor_Bold_None"> ENERGY STAR® Qualified.
- 4-cartridge ink system, only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced
- Stand-alone Functionality. No PC Required for fax, copy or photo printing
- No PC required to send and receive fax documents
- Energy Star Qualified
- Flatbed Copying and Scanning. Flatbed copier allows you to copy bound, thick or odd shaped documents
- Flatbed copier allows you to copy bound, thick or odd shaped documents
- Convenient Built-in Fax. No PC required to send and receive documents.
- 1.9" TouchScreen Display plus Touch Panel. For easy menu navigation.
- 1.9" Color TouchScreen Display plus Touch Panel for easy menu navigation
- Fast mode printing speeds up to 33ppm black / 26ppm color‡
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Unattended Fax, Copy or Scan. Up to 15-sheet auto document feeder.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™ Google Cloud Print™ Brother™ iPrint & Scan and Cortado Workplace.
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wireless (802.11 b/g/n)
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 22cpm Black‡
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 20cpm Color‡
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- N in 1 Function
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 18.9" x 8.9" x 18.3"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 22.7 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 15.9" x 14.9" x 6.3"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 19.2 lbs.
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 7 Sec. Per Page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (40 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Caller ID Ready‡
- Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 14.4K bps Fax Modem
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 170 Page Fax Memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Message Center®
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Yes (send only)
- Telephone Handset
- LCD Display
- 1.9" TouchScreen Display plus Touch Panel
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 1.9" TouchScreen Display plus Touch Panel
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 2,500 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 250 - 800 Printed Pages
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- 8.5" / 14"
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope (C5 Envelope, Com-10, DL Envelope, Monarch, JE4 Envelope), A4, Photo 4"x6", 5"x7", 5"x8", 8"x10"
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Innobella Glossy 8.5" x 11" Photo Paper (BP71GLTR); Innobella Glossy 4" x 6" Photo Paper (BP71GP20), Brother Plain Paper BP60MPLTR, and 3M 3410 Transparency Film.
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 17-58 lbs.
- Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- Up to 100-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Copying)
- 50dBA or Less
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-95° F
- Power Consumption - Sleep/Ready/Copying
- 4/6/29 W
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges LC71 Series CD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and MacUser's ManualQuick Setup GuideTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- InnobellaLC71BK‡, LC71C‡, LC71M‡, LC71Y‡
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Click here for print speed methodology.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Fax Page Memory‡||Based on Brother #1 Chart at standard resolution with MMR compression|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 80% of replacement LC71 cartridge series, due to ink system initialization process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734. Click here for inkjet print speed methodology.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||PC Fax Send and Receive Black and White only. PC Fax Send Only for Mac OS® users.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Interface(s)‡||Cable(s) not included.|
|Warranty||Click Here for Warranty Statement.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary