Fast, Reliable High-Impact Color for Small Businesses. The Brother HL-3170CDW is a perfect choice for the small business looking for a fast, reliable digital color printer. It packs big business features like duplex printing into an affordable, compact printer designed to fit your small business workspace and budget. It prints high-impact color and crisp black documents at up to 23ppm, so it's ideal for businesses that primarily produce black business documents, but also need to print professional-quality color documents in-house from time to time. It also offers wireless printing from your mobile device via± AirPrint®™, Google and Wi-Fi Direct™.
- Blazing Fast Printing. Fast color and black print speeds up to 23ppm to help improve your productivity.
- Flexible Connectivity. Easy to install on your wired or wireless network or print locally via USB‡: from your computer.
- High-Impact Business Printing. Produce crisp black and high-impact color business documents at up to 600 x 2400 dpi resolution using Brother's Digital LED print technology.
- Versatile Paper Handling. 250-sheet capacity paper tray adjustable for letter or legal and a straight-through paper path via manual feed slot for envelope printing.
- Mobile Device Printing. Wireless printing from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®.
- Help Lower Your Operating Costs. High capacity color toners available (approx. 2,200 pages each‡) to help lower your cost per copy.
- Deep Sleep Mode. Deep Sleep mode to conserve energy when printer is not being used (uses <1W).
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
- Automatic Two-Sided Printing. Automatic duplex for two-sided printing to help save paper.
- Help Control Your Color Printing Costs. Use the Secure Function Lock feature to set color page counts or restrict color printing for up to 25 users.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Bluetooth Compatibility
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Wi-Fi Direct®
- Near Field Communications‡
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- AOSS, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), CIFS Client, SNTP Client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, Web Services (Print/Scan), CIFS Client, SNTP Client
- Wi-Fi Certified
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 23.5" x 20.5" x 13.75"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 16.1" x 18.3" x 9.4"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Maximum Paper Capacity‡
- 250-sheet input capacity
- LCD Display
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 30,000 pages
- Optional Memory
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 300 to 1,500 pages
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Toner Save Mode
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Media Type
- Plain, Glossy Paper ‡, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper
- Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed
- Letter, Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Sheet Weight - Manual Feed (Min/Max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Multi-Purpose Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value (kWh/Week)
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- Avg. 33.0dB / Avg. 53dB
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/o conedensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- 120V AC 60 Hz
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- Borderless Printing
- Color Print Speed (max. ppm)
- Consumable Type
- 4 Toner Cartridges and Drum
- CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)
- Duplex Printing Standard
- BR-Script3‡, PCL6
- First Page Out Time‡ (max. sec.)
- 16 (Black) / 16 (Color)
- Print Technology
- Color LED
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®
- Security Functions
- Setting Lock, Secure Function Lock
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA/PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), 802.1x, EAP (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)
- Carton Contents‡
- 1 Set of Starter Toner Cartridges (BK/C/M/Y) (1,000 pgs each‡) (1) DR221CL Drum Unit Set (15,000 pgs‡) CD-ROM – Includes Printer Drivers Quick Setup Guide
- 1 Year Limited
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use.|
|Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint® is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. For more details and mobile device compatibility, visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb paper.|
|Standard Interface(s)||USB printer cable not included|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary