Desktop Office Laser Printer
About the Product
The HL-5240 is a high-speed, printing workhorse built for reliable day-in and day-out laser printing. Ideal for busy offices, the HL-5240 features a flexible input capacity, including a 250-sheet capacity paper tray and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray‡ for printing envelopes and letterhead.
- Fast results. Operating at print speeds up to 30 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for a busy office.
- Outstanding print quality. The HL-5240 delivers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution so that all of your printed materials look their best.
- Delete unwanted print jobs. Eliminate print jobs before they start and reduce waste with the one-touch job cancel button.
- Versatile paper handling. The HL-5240 easily handles letterhead, legal size paper, and envelopes via a 250-sheet input tray and a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray‡. Add up to two optional paper trays‡ for additional input capacity.
- Maximum compatibility. Offering a variety of printer emulations, the HL-5240 can support virtually any office or graphics application.
- Prints up to 30ppm
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- PCL6 and BR-Script3 (PostScript3) emulations
- 50-sheet multi-purpose tray for envelopes, letterhead
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable up to 800 sheets with optional trays‡
|Consumable Type||Toner Cartridge and Drum|
|Print Technology||B/W Laser|
Supplies & Accessories (3)
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Toner yield is approximate, based on 5% page coverage (letter). Drum yield is approximate, and may vary by type of use.|