High-Speed Monochrome Laser Printer for Small to Medium Sized Businesses The reliable and cost efficient Brother HL-5450DN is ideal for busy offices or small workgroups. It features fast printing at up to 40ppm and automatic duplex printing for producing professional two-sided documents. Users can share the HL-5450DN with others on their network via its built-in Ethernet interface, and wirelessly print from their mobile device. Plus, the HL-5450DN provides flexible paper handling and uses a high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge to help lower running costs.
- Automatic duplex printing. Produce professional two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets with ease. Duplex printing can help save money and reduce your paper use.
- Fast, high-quality output. With a print speed of up to 40 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Versatile paper handling. The Brother HL-5450DN offers an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for letter or legal size paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray‡ for printing letterhead and custom paper sizes. Add an optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ for additional capacity.
- Cost efficient performance. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce running costs with high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge.
- Advanced security features. Provides a wide-range of security features including: Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x) and more.
- Flexible connectivity†. Share with others via its built-in Ethernet interface or connect locally via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace
- Standard Interface(s)
- Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMP, Web Services (Print), CIFS client, SNTP client
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6, Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP Client
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.6" x 18.8" x 15.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 27.3 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 14.6" x 15.1" x 9.6"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 23.1 lbs.
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 40ppm Black
- CPU (Processor) Speed
- 400 MHz
- Duplex Printing Capability
- PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- First Time to Print
- Less than 8.5 sec.‡
- Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Yes (max. memory up to 320MB)‡
- Print Resolution (max dpi)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser Technology‡
- Printer Driver Compatibility†
- Windows®, Mac OS®, Linux
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 500 to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory
- 64MB Memory
- Toner Save Mode
- Manual Feed/Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡
- 50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray
- Media Type
- Plain, Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper
- Optional Paper Trays (capacity)
- LT-5400‡ (500 sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 150 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-16" (l))
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160
- Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (min/max)
- 16-43 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 16-28 lbs. (bond)
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- 250-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value
- 2.481 kWh / Week
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 59dB
- Operating Env: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Env: Temperature
- 50-90.5 degrees F
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Ready/Printing
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60 Hz
- 802.1x Enterprise Security
- EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS
- Security Functions
- Secure function lock, Setting lock
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages‡)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages‡)CD-ROM – Documentation / Installation CD-ROM AC Power CordQuick Setup Guide
- "In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (3,000 Pages)(1) DR720 Drum Unit (30,000 Pages)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. For more details and mobile device compatibility, visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary