The Brother HL-L5000D monochrome laser printer is ideal for small offices that need a printer with a Parallel interface for wide application compatibility. It features reliable, fast printing up to 42ppm and cost-efficient output thanks to a high-yield replacement toner cartridge. Plus, automatic two-sided printing helps save paper. Built-in parallel and USB interfaces provide flexible local connectivity and PCL6 and BR-Script3‡; emulations enable comprehensive application compatibility. Use the 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal-size documents, and print on envelopes and alternative media types from the 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. For fewer refills, you can expand the paper capacity to 1,340 sheets with optional add-on trays.
- Fast, high-quality printing. With a print speed of up to 42 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- USB 2.0 and Parallel interfaces. Provides flexible local connectivity and the ability to connect to two computers. Also supports DOS printing via Parallel interface.
- Comprehensive application compatibility. Offering PCL6, BR-Script3‡, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX, PDF version 1.7, and XPS Version 1.0, the HL-5000D can support virtually any office or graphics application.
- Flexible paper handling‡. Easily handle your print jobs via an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. Total capacity expandable to 1,340 sheets with optional add-on trays.
- Cost efficient output. Help reduce running costs due to an 8,000-page‡ high-yield replacement toner cartridge.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Use the duplex feature to produce professional brochures, documents and booklets. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser
- Consumable Type
- Toner Cartridge and Drum
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- Duplex Printing Standard
- CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)
- First Page Out Time‡ (max. sec.)
- Print Resolution (max. dpi)
- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®, Linux
- BR-Script3‡, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter, PCL6, PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Optional Paper Capacity
- LT-5500 (250 sheets x 2), or LT-6500 (520 sheets x 2)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-32 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Multi-Purpose Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-53 lbs. (bond)
- Media Type
- Plain, Envelopes (#10), Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper, Colored Paper, Letterhead
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Avery Laser Label #5160
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- Parallel, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Industry-Specific Certifications
- Citrix Ready
- LCD Display
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- Up to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Toner Save Mode
- Security Functions
- Secure Print, Lock Slot
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPEAT® Registered
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value (kWh/Week)
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- 0.03W / 1.3W / 6.7W / 32W / 620W
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 52dB
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-90 degrees F
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60Hz
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 19.1" x 17.7" x 14.8"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 14.7 x 15.3" x 10.0"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages), (1) DR820 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages), Installation CD-ROM, AC Power Cord, Quick Setup Guide, Parallel Cable
- 1 Year Limited
LT6500With an input capacity of 520 sheets, this optional paper tray can help save time while providing flexible media support. Workgroups can increase their productivity by reducing time-consuming tray refills. Add the LT-6500 to a compatible model to automatically print on letter or legal-sized paper without having to manually load paper trays for mixed paper sized documents. Add up to 2 trays to a compatible model for a total input capacity of either 1,340 or 1,610 sheets depending upon the model.
|Carton Contents‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approximately 30,000 pages based on 1 page per job and 50,000 pages based on 3 pages per job [letter/A4 simplex pages]. The number of pages may be affected due to a variety of factors including but not limited to media type and media size. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cost Efficient Output‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible.|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|Images||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary