The Brother HL-L5100DN monochrome laser printer is perfect for offices and small workgroups looking for quality and reliability. It delivers cost-efficient, two-sided output thanks to a high-yield replacement toner cartridge. Plus, it quickly prints high-quality business documents up to 42ppm. Use the 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal-size documents, and print on envelopes and alternative media types from the 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. For fewer refills, you can expand the paper capacity to 1,340 sheets with optional add-on trays. Easily share the printer with others via built-in Ethernet networking and print with ease from a wide range of mobile devices‡. Advanced security features help protect your sensitive documents and the printer from unauthorized access.
- Fast, high-quality printing. With a print speed of up to 42 pages per minute, this printer is ideal for busy offices. Plus, it offers crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Built-in networking. Share the HL-L5100DN with multiple users on your network via its Ethernet interface.
- Cost-efficient output. Help lower your operating costs via a high-yield 8,000-page‡ replacement toner cartridge.
- Flexible paper handling. Easily handle your large print jobs via an adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. Additional optional paper trays are available in 250-sheet or 520-sheet capacities enabling users to configure the printer with multiple trays in a way that best meets their application requirements – up to 1,340-sheet total capacity.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Use the duplex feature to produce professional brochures, documents and booklets. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- Convenient mobile device printing. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Mopria®, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace.
- Advanced security features. Restrict unauthorized printing and help protect sensitive documents with a wide-range of security features.
- At your side support. 1 year limited warranty with free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
- Print Technology
- B/W Laser
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- Consumable Type
- Toner Cartridge and Drum
- CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)
- Duplex Printing Standard
- First Page Out Time‡ (max. sec.)
- BR-Script3‡, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter, PCL6, PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0
- Print Resolution (max. dpi)
- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®, Linux
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Optional Paper Capacity
- LT-5500‡ (250 x2) or LT-6500‡ (520 x2)
- Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray
- Letter, Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-32 lbs. (bond)
- Sheet Weight - Multi-Purpose Tray (Min/Max)
- 16-53 lbs. (bond)
- Media Type
- Plain, Envelopes (up to 10), Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper, Colored Paper, Letterhead
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Avery Laser Label #5160
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Ethernet
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™ 2.0, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Cortado Workplace
- Industry-Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified, Citrix Ready
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- Web Services, APIPA (Auto IP), ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, ICMP, IPP/IPPS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, TELNET Server, TFTP Client and Server, WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- Web Services, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP/IPPS, SMTP Client, FTP Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client
- LCD Display
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 50,000 pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- Up to 3,500 pages
- Standard Memory (MB)
- Toner Save Mode
- Security Functions
- Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x), Lock Slot, Secure Print
- Security Protocols (Wired)
- SMTP-AUTH, SNMP v3, Kerberos, IPSec, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP), 802.1x (EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- EPEAT® Registered
- EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value (kWh/Week)
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- 0.03W / 1.3W / 6.7W / 32W / 620W
- Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)
- 34dB / 52dB
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50-90 degrees F
- Power Source
- AC 120V 50/60Hz
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 19.1" x 17.7" x 14.8"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 14.7 x 15.3" x 10.0"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) Standard Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 3,000 Pages), (1) DR820 Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 Pages), Installation CD-ROM, AC Power Cord, Quick Setup Guide
- 1 Year Limited
LT6500With an input capacity of 520 sheets, this optional paper tray can help save time while providing flexible media support. Workgroups can increase their productivity by reducing time-consuming tray refills. Add the LT-6500 to a compatible model to automatically print on letter or legal-sized paper without having to manually load paper trays for mixed paper sized documents. Add up to 2 trays to a compatible model for a total input capacity of either 1,340 or 1,610 sheets depending upon the model.
|Carton Contents‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approximately 30,000 pages based on 1 page per job and 50,000 pages based on 3 pages per job [letter/A4 simplex pages]. The number of pages may be affected due to a variety of factors including but not limited to media type and media size. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cost Efficient Output‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible.|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|Images||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. ©2017 Google LLC. All rights reserved. Google Cloud Print is a trademark of Google LLC. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|