Your session has timed out. Please log in again
The Brother Workhorse HL-L6400DWX monochrome laser printer is designed for mid-sized workgroups with demanding print volumes looking for low cost printing and business reliability. Realize a low total cost of ownership with an included ultra high-yield 20,000-page‡ cartridge. Maximize your workgroup's productivity with a blazing fast print speed up to 52ppm‡ and a large, 570-sheet paper capacity. Scalable to fit virtually any office, add either optional trays to increase capacity to 1,610 sheets or transform this printer into a floor-standing model with the tower tray option (520 sheets x 4 trays). Advanced security features provide network user authentication and an adjustable color Touchscreen display enables direct printing from popular business cloud services‡.
- Help maximize your budget. Includes an ultra high-yield 20,000-page‡ toner cartridge for built-in value and low total cost of ownership.
- Fast, high-quality printing for higher print volumes. Featuring a business durable design with an impressive print speed of up to 52 pages per minute‡, this high-performance All-in-One is ideal for mid to large-sized workgroups.
- Scalable paper handling. Easily handle your large print jobs via an adjustable 520-sheet capacity paper tray and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. For additional capacity, optional paper trays are available in 250-sheet or 520-sheet capacities – up to 1,610 sheets total capacity. Alternatively, a tower tray with stabilizer option includes four 520-sheet trays for a total input capacity of 2,650 sheets.
- Large, expandable output capacity. 250-sheet capacity output, plus an optional mailbox/sorter/stacker option is useful for workgroups that want to assign bins to various users, sort output into separate bins, or require additional output capacity – up to 1,050 total sheets.
- Value added services included‡. Optimize document workflow, enhance security, and manage fleet environments.
- Advanced Security Features. Help safeguard sensitive documents and securely connect to the device and your network. Includes an integrated NFC card reader for easy badge authentication and Active Directory for network user authentication to help protect against unauthorized access to the device.
- Flexible network connectivity† and convenient mobile device printing and scanning. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces allow you to share the device with multiple users on your network. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Mopria®, Brother iPrint&Scan, Wi-Fi Direct®, and NFC.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Use the duplex feature to produce professional brochures, documents and booklets. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- Color Touchscreen display. Offers intuitive menu navigation and printing from popular business cloud services‡ including: DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, OneDrive, and more.
- At your side support. 1 year limited warranty with free online or live chat support for the life of your product.
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Cloud Secure Print|
|Industry-Specific Certifications||Cerner Certified, Citrix Ready|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria™ , Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct®, NFC|
|One-Push Wireless Setup||Wi-Fi Protected Setup™|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||Web Services, APIPA (Auto IP), ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, ICMP, IPP/IPPS, LDAP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, TELNET Server, TFTP Client and Server, WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||Web Services, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP/IPPS, SMTP Client, FTP Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP|
|USB Host Location(s)||Front: Print from and scan to USB memory stick; external card reader‡, Back: External card reader‡|
|System Requirements||Download System Requirements †|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||19.500 " x 19.250 " x 20.500 "|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||35.600|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||15.7" x 15.6" x 11.3"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||29.3|
|LCD Display||1.8" Color Touchscreen|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||150,000 pages|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||Up to 10,000 pages|
|Standard Memory (MB)||512|
|Toner Save Mode||Yes|
|Duplex Printing Capability||Yes|
|Media Type||Plain, Envelopes (#10), Bond, Envelopes, Labels, Recycled Paper, Colored Paper, Letterhead|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||50|
|Optional Output Paper Capacity‡ (sheets)||500 sheets with stapler/finisher option (SF-4000). 1,050 sheets with mailbox/stacker/sorter option (MX-4000).|
|Optional Paper Capacity‡||LT-5500 (250 sheet x3) or LT-6505 (520 sheet x 2) or TT-4000 (Tower Tray with Stabilizer, includes 520 sheet x4)|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||250|
|Paper Handling Size - Duplex Printing||Letter, Legal|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray||Letter, Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6|
|Recommended Paper Brands||Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Avery Laser Label #5160|
|Sheet Weight - Multi-Purpose Tray (Min/Max)||16-53 lbs. (bond)|
|Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)||16-32 lbs. (bond)|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||520|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value (kWh/Week)||0.67|
|Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)||35dB / 54dB|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||20-80% (w/out condensation)|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||50-90 degrees F|
|Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing||0.03W / 1.3W / 7.2W / 32W / 700W|
|Power Source||AC 120V 50/60Hz|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes (default)|
|Black Print Speed ‡ (max. ppm)||52|
|Consumable Type||Toner Cartridge and Drum|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||800|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3‡, PCL5c, PCL5e, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter, PCL6 (PCL XL Class 3.0), PDF Version 1.7|
|First Page Out Time‡ (max. sec.)||7.5|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Print Technology||B/W Laser|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®, Linux|
|Cloud Services‡||GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business, Google Apps for Business™|
|Security Functions||Integrated NFC Card Reader, Setting Lock, Active Directory, Secure Function Lock, Lock Slot, Secure Print|
|Security Protocols (Wired)||SMTP-AUTH, SNMP v3, Kerberos, IPSec, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP), 802.1x (EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)|
|Security Protocols (Wireless)||SMTP-AUTH, SNMP v3, 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS), Kerberos, IPSec, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP)|
|Wireless Network Security||WEP 64/128 bit, WPA/PSK (TKIP/AES)|
|Carton Contents‡||(1) Ultra High-Yield Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 20,000 Pages), (1) DR-890 Drum Unit (yields approx. 50,000 Pages), Installation CD-ROM, AC Power Cord, Quick Setup Guide|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Based on one-sided printing. Change from default setting required.|
|Carton Contents‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approximately 50,000 pages based on 3 pages per job and 30,000 pages based on 1 page per job and [letter/A4 simplex pages]. The number of pages may be affected due to a variety of factors including but not limited to media type and media size. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires an Internet connection and an account with desired service. All referenced trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies. ©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google LLC. EVERNOTE is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.|
|Low Total Cost of Ownership||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|USB Host Location(s)||USB Host Back: Supports single function HID card readers.|
|Value added services included||Included Brother value services require activation.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible.|
|First Time to Print||From Ready Mode and standard tray.|
|Images||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Max. Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. NFC requires the mobile device to have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper. Additional purchase required.|
*Prices May Vary **If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.