High-Performance Color Laser All-in-One for your Small Business or WorkgroupThe MFC-9970cdw Color Laser All-in-One combines print, copy, scan and fax in one powerful device. It produces high-impact color output at impressive print and copy speeds of up to 30ppm and offers flexible connectivity with wireless, Ethernet and USB interfaces. It features a 5" Color Touch Screen display for easy navigation and menu selection. Also, this flagship model offers automatic duplex print/copy/scan/fax and optional high yield toner cartridges to help lower your operating costs – making this all-in-one a smart choice for a business or workgroup.
- Fast color output. With a print speed up to 30ppm in both color and black, you no longer have to wait for brilliant color output.
- USB Direct Interface. Print PDF and JPEG files directly from or scan to your USB flash memory drive without connecting to your PC.
- High capacity replacement toner cartridges. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce operating costs by using high yield replacement toner cartridges.
- Prints up to 30ppm color and black
- Flatbed color scanning with a legal-size document glass
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- High capacity replacement toner cartridges available‡
- 300-sheet standard paper capacity, expandable‡
- Expandable paper capacity. You can increase your total paper capacity to 800 sheets by adding an optional 500-sheet letter/legal paper tray‡.
- High quality color scanning. Use the legal size document glass to scan a single page or the 50-page capacity auto document feeder to scan multiple pages at a time (up to legal-size).
- High-speed faxing. Send and receive faxes quickly in b&w or color using its high-speed 33.6K bps fax modem.
- One Year On-Site Limited Warranty. Provides industry leading support right to you.
- 33.6K bps high-speed fax modem with storage up to 500 pages‡
- Flexible connectivity. Print, scan or send faxes wirelessly as well as the ability to install the MFC on a wired network (via Ethernet) or connect locally to a single computer via USB.
- Advanced duplex capability. Save paper and reduce costs by printing two-sided documents and booklets. Plus, two-sided scanning using the auto document feeder for copying, scanning and faxing.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified, Performance Matters™ Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your mobile device. For more information, please click here
- One-Push Wireless Configuration
- AOSS™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ capable routers
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax Send / Receive, I-Fax, Corporate Address Book (LDAP)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, ICMP, LLTD responder, Web Services (Print), SNTP Client, APOP, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP, POP), 802.1x, Kerberos
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LLTD responder, Web Services (Print), APOP, POP before SMTP, SMTP-AUTH, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP, POP), 802.1x, Kerberos
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 30cpm Black
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- 30cpm Color
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- Yes (no PC required)
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 27.5" x 26.1" x 27.8"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 75 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.3" x 20.7" x 20.9"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 62.8 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Yes (Monochrome only)
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (390 locations)‡;
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 500 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 340 locations
- LCD Display
- 5" Color Touch Screen
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 22 characters/5 lines
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 60,000 printed pages
- Optional Memory (MB)
- Up to 512MB (DDR2 16 bit, 144pin)‡
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 750 to 4,000 pages
- Security Functions
- Setting Lock, Secure Function Lock, Store Print Log to Network
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN310BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pages‡)(1) TN310C/TN310M/TN310Y (1,500 pgs‡ each)(1) DR310CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs‡)Installation CD-ROMAC Power CordQuick Setup Guide and Basic User's Guide
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- 1) TN310BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pages)(1) TN310C/TN310M/TN310Y (1,500 pgs each)(1) DR310CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs)
- 1 Year On-Site Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|"In-Box" Consumables (Yield)‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Media Type||Single-sheet via multi-purpose tray for glossy paper.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Additional purchase required.|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡||Print/Scan: PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files via your USB flash memory drive Scan: PDF/A, Signed PDF, TIFF (mono)USB 2.0 Standard. USB Mass Storage standard from 16MB to 8GB. Support format: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary
In order to best assist you, please use one of the channels below to contact the Brother support team.
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Basic machine operation and specification questions
• Order status/tracking information
• Product/service feedback
Available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time
Best for help with:
• Wireless installation and troubleshooting
• Software and drivers
• Printing, copying, scanning, faxing issues and errors
Best for quick help with:
• Questions regarding basic machine operations and specifications
• Fax setup and operation
• Order status/Tracking information