Your session has timed out. Please log in again
The Brother MFC-J1205W INKvestment tank printer is designed to fit seamlessly into your office. This sleek and compact printer not only looks great but comes with an impressive range of features. From its revolutionary INKvestment tank technology to mobile printing through the Brother Mobile Connect App‡. It even works with Alexa. And comes with up to 1 year of Ink in box, based on 100 pages of printing per month!‡ We’ll let the facts do the talking. Here are 10 great reasons why you should choose the Brother MFC-J1205W INKvestment tank printer. Want to learn more about our INKvestment Tank line up visit https://www.brother-usa.com/inkvestment-tank/
- INKvest in a printer you won’t want to replace with up to 1-year of ink in-box.‡ Print more with up to 1-year of ink, using only the 4 cartridges provided in-box.‡ The most affordable Brother INKvestment Tank color inkjet printer available.‡
- The Brother Mobile Connect‡ App puts the power of printing at your fingertips. Go mobile with the simple to use Brother Mobile Connect‡ App that delivers easy onscreen menu navigation for printing, copying, scanning, and device management from your mobile device.
- Compact design fits in nearly any workspace. Its compact, desktop footprint makes the INKvestment Tank multi-function color inkjet printer a welcome addition to any home or home office space.
- Revolutionary INKvestment Tank Technology. The INKvestment Tank’s internal ink tank works with INKvestment Tank ink cartridges to deliver more pages of convenient, worry-free printing without sacrificing the compact, desktop size.
- Brother INKvestment Tank ink cartridges. Easy-to-use INKvestment Tank ink cartridges hold more ink than traditional cartridges to continually supply ink to the internal tank, so you get more pages without needing to refill. When refilling is needed, simply take out the empty cartridge, plug-in a replacement and get back to printing with no waiting and no mess.
- Connect your way. Choose from versatile connection options including built-in wireless,‡ Wireless Direct or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. Works with Alexa.
- Page Gauge‡ empowers you to print with confidence. Eliminate the guesswork of ink replacement when you use the Brother Mobile Connect‡ App to access Page Gauge, so you know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.‡
- Wireless printing and scanning capabilities. Print and scan wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet..‡
- Use Brother Genuine INKvestment Tank cartridges. A full range of color and black INKvestment Tank replacement ink cartridges is available that deliver high quality prints, reliable page yields and exceptional value.
- Brother At Your Side. Brother offers a 2-Year Limited Warranty and At Your Side support for the life of your printer.
Experience up to 1-year of uninterrupted printing with the Brother MFC-J1205W. Using only the 4 cartridges provided in-box, replacing cartridges is a thing of the past‡.
Brother INKvestment Tank high capacity ink cartridges have been expertly reengineered to hold more ink than traditional cartridges while delivering exceptional savings.
By using Page Gauge, you can take the guesswork out of when to replace your ink! Page Gauge offers a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining‡.
The power of printing is at your fingertips with easy onscreen navigation that allows you to wirelessly print, scan and copy from almost anywhere‡.
|Description||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield 3-pack|
|Approximate Page Yield‡||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages each|
|Cartridge Color||Black||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|What's In the Box||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Cyan Ink Cartridge||1 Magenta Ink Cartridge||1 Yellow Ink Cartridge||3 Color Ink Cartridges|
|Brother Genuine Reliability||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Functions||Print / Copy / Scan||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|Max ISO Print Speed‡||16 ppm / 9 ppm||17 ppm / 9.5 ppm||17 ppm / 16.5 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm|
|Paper Tray (Max Capacity)‡||150 sheets||150 sheets||150 sheets||150 sheets||400 sheets (2 Trays)|
|Manual Feed Slot||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Document Feeder‡||No||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets|
|Duplex (2-Sided) Printing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Display||LED||1.8" Color LCD||2.7" Color Touchscreen||1.8" Color LCD||2.7" Color Touchscreen|
|NFC Mobile Print‡||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces‡||Wireless, Wireless Direct, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®,USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®,USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®,USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®,USB 2.0|
|Mobile Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Mopria™, Brother Mobile Connect||AirPrint®, Mopria™, Brother Mobile Connect||AirPrint®, Mopria™, Brother Mobile Connect||AirPrint®, Mopria™, Brother Mobile Connect||AirPrint®, Mopria™, Brother Mobile Connect|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Wireless Direct, Brother Mobile Connect, Mopria™|
|Near Field Communications‡||No|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||SNMPv1/v2c, APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, ICMP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||TFTP Server, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan)|
|System Requirements||Download System Requirements †|
|Black Copy Speed (max. ppm)||6|
|Color Copy Speed (max. ppm)||3|
|Copy Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Copy Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|N in 1 Functions||2in1 / 4in1|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||8.750 " x 19.750 " x 18.000 "|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||15.200|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||17.1" x 14.1" x 6.3"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||12.3|
|Maximum Paper Capacity‡||150|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Up to 2,500|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||50 to 1,000|
|Standard Memory (MB)||128|
|Duplex Printing Capability||No|
|Media Type||Plain, Glossy Paper‡, Recycled Paper|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||50|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo 2L (5" x 7")|
|Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)||17 - 58 lbs. (bond)|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||150|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Power Source||110-120 V AC 50 / 60 Hz|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||No|
|Black Print Speed ‡ (max. ppm)||16|
|Color Print Speed ‡ (max. ppm)||9|
|Consumable Type||Ink Cartridge|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||576|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||6000 x 1200 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®|
|Included Software||Brother iPrint&Scan (desktop) for Windows and Mac®|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution‡ (max. dpi)||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Mobile Device Scanning‡||Brother Mobile Connect|
|Scan File Formats||JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF|
|"Scan To" Feature‡||Workflow‡ (Brother iPrint&Scan), PC (File, Email, Image, OCR)|
|Scanning Capability||B/W, B/W and Color|
|Brother Mobile Connect Application||Requires connection to a wireless network. Brother Mobile Connect free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Copy Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Copy Speed (maximum)||Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Up to 1-year of ink in-box.||Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 100 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Scan Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Operating Systems Compatibility||See system requirements on www.brother.com|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Requires connection to a wireless network. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Recommended Monthly Volume||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond the range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Supplies & Accessories||Additional purchase required|
|Page Yields||Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO Print Speeds||ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For more details, please visit www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.|
|Page Gauge||Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only and is only available through the Brother Mobile Connect free app. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield. The Brother Mobile Connect free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Mobile Printing and Scanning Capabilities||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Pricing||Based on estimated Street Price at available retailers and e-tailers; pricing may vary|
|Print Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Standard Interfaces||Cables not included. Requires connection to a wireless network.|