Your session has timed out. Please log in again
About the Product
The newly designed Brother MFC-J1205W INKvestment Tank Wireless Multi-Function Color Inkjet Printer is sleek, compact and very affordable. This revolutionary color inkjet printer features reengineered high capacity ink cartridges that provide up to 1-year of uninterrupted printing‡ using only the cartridges included in-box. Print, copy and scan features can be accessed from your mobile device through the Brother Mobile Connect‡ App. Brother Mobile Connect‡ has a user-friendly interface that gives you the freedom to print from virtually anywhere and always have access to the status of your printer’s ink usage.‡ Brother Intelligent Page Gauge‡ is a feature that can be accessed through the App,‡ providing a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining. This wireless printer has multiple flexible connection options, including a built-in wireless‡ interface for sharing with multiple users on your network, Wi-Fi Direct® or connect locally to a single computer via a USB interface. The printer is easy-to-use, features a clean, modern design, offers quick setup and convenient optional printing via AirPrint® and/or Email Print. Works with Alexa. When you need a reliable color inkjet printer at an affordable price to keep pace with your home or home office document needs, Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W is the printer for you. Includes a 2-year limited warranty with free online, live chat or phone support for the life of your printer.
- INKvest in a printer you won’t want to replace with up to 1-year of ink in-box.‡ Print more with up to 1-year of ink, using only the 4 cartridges provided in-box.‡ The most affordable Brother INKvestment Tank color inkjet printer available.‡
- The Brother Mobile Connect‡ App puts the power of printing at your fingertips. Go mobile with the simple to use Brother Mobile Connect‡ App that delivers easy onscreen menu navigation for printing, copying, scanning, and device management from your mobile device.
- Compact design fits in nearly any workspace. Its compact, desktop footprint makes the INKvestment Tank multi-function color inkjet printer a welcome addition to any home or home office space.
- Revolutionary INKvestment Tank Technology. The INKvestment Tank’s internal ink tank works with INKvestment Tank ink cartridges to deliver more pages of convenient, worry-free printing without sacrificing the compact, desktop size.
- Brother INKvestment Tank ink cartridges. Easy-to-use INKvestment Tank ink cartridges hold more ink than traditional cartridges to continually supply ink to the internal tank, so you get more pages without needing to refill. When refilling is needed, simply take out the empty cartridge, plug-in a replacement and get back to printing with no waiting and no mess.
- Connect your way. Choose from versatile connection options including built-in wireless,‡ Wireless Direct or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. Works with Alexa.
- Page Gauge‡ empowers you to print with confidence. Eliminate the guesswork of ink replacement when you use the Brother Mobile Connect‡ App to access Page Gauge, so you know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.‡
- Wireless printing and scanning capabilities. Print and scan wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet..‡
- Use Brother Genuine INKvestment Tank cartridges. A full range of color and black INKvestment Tank replacement ink cartridges is available that deliver high quality prints, reliable page yields and exceptional value.
- Brother At Your Side. Brother offers a 2-Year Limited Warranty and At Your Side support for the life of your printer.
Uninterrupted Printing You Can Rely On
Experience up to 1-year of uninterrupted printing with the Brother MFC-J1205W. Using only the 4 cartridges provided in-box, replacing cartridges is a thing of the past.(1)
Super Convenient High-Capacity Ink Cartridges
Brother INKvestment Tank high capacity ink cartridges have been expertly reengineered to hold more ink than traditional cartridges while delivering exceptional savings.
Advanced Options for Printing Ease
Printing the way you want is easy with the Brother Mobile Connect(2) App. The power of printing is at your fingertips with easy onscreen navigation that allows you to wirelessly print, scan and copy from almost anywhere.(2)
Harness the Power of Printing
Printing the way you want is easy with diverse connection options including built-in wireless(2) and Wireless Direct, or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. Works with Alexa.
For Use with Brother Genuine Supplies:
|Brother Genuine LC404BK||Brother Genuine LC404C||Brother Genuine LC404M||Brother Genuine LC404Y||Brother Genuine LC4043PK|
|Description||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield|
|Approximate Page Yield (3)||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages||750 pages each|
|Cartridge Color||Black||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|What's in the box||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Cyan Ink Cartridge||1 Magenta Ink Cartridge||1 Yellow Ink Cartridge||3 Color Ink Cartridges|
|Brother Genuine Reliability||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Functions||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|Includes up to 1-year of Ink In-Box||No||Yes (1)||No||Yes (4)||Yes (4)|
|Max ISO Print Speed (5)||12 ppm / 6 ppm||16 ppm / 9 ppm||12 ppm / 10 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm|
|Paper Tray (Max Capacity)||100 sheets||150 sheets||150 sheets||150 sheets||&400 sheets (2 Trays)|
|Manual Feed Slot||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Document Feeder||Up to 20 sheets||No||20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets|
|Duplex (2-Sided) Printing||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Document Glass Size||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"|
|Display||1.8" Color LCD||LED||2.7" Color Touchscreen||1.8" Color LCD||2.7" Color Touchscreen|
|Standard Interfaces (2)||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wireless Direct, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility (2)||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®|
|Brother Mobile Apps (2)||Brother iPrint&Scan||Brother Mobile Connect||Brother iPrint&Scan||Brother Mobile Connect||Brother Mobile Connect|
(2) Requires connection to a wireless network. Brother Mobile Connect and Brother iPrint&Scan free app download are not available in all countries. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
(3) Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711.
(4) Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 150 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
(5) Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.
(6) The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later.
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Specifications subject to change.
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Wireless Direct, Brother Mobile Connect, Mopria®|
|Near Field Communications‡||No|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||SNMPv1/v2c, APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, ICMP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||TFTP Server, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan)|
|System Requirements||Download System Requirements †|
|Copy Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Copy Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)||6|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)||3|
|N in 1 Functions||2in1 / 4in1|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||8.75" x 19.75" x 18.0"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||15.2|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||17.1" x 14.1" x 6.3"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||12.3|
|Maximum Paper Capacity‡||150|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Up to 2,500|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||50 to 1,000|
|Standard Memory (MB)||128|
|Duplex Printing Capability||No|
|Media Type||Plain, Glossy Paper ‡, Recycled Paper|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||50|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo 2L (5" x 7")|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||150|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Power Source||110-120 V AC 50 / 60 Hz|
|Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)||16|
|Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)||9|
|Consumable Type||Ink Cartridge|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||576|
|Duplex Printing Standard||No|
|Duplex Printing Standard||No|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||6000 x 1200 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®|
|Included Software||Brother iPrint&Scan|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution† (max. dpi)||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Mobile Device Scanning‡||Brother Mobile Connect|
|Scan File Formats||JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF|
|"Scan To" Feature†||Workflow (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡, PC (File, Email, Image, OCR)|
|Scanning Capability||B/W, B/W and Color|
|Carton Contents‡||Brother MFC-J1205w, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow Starter Ink Cartridges, Quick Setup Guide, Product Safety Guide, Reference Guide & Warranty Card|
|"In-Box" Consumables/Yield‡||Up to 1-year of Ink in-box|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Supplies & Accessories (5)
|Brother Mobile Connect Application||Requires connection to a wireless network. Brother Mobile Connect free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Copy Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Copy Speed (maximum)||Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO Print Speeds||ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For more details, please visit www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.|
|Mobile Printing and Scanning Capabilities||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Operating Systems Compatibility||See system requirements on www.brother.com|
|Page Gauge||Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only and is only available through the Brother Mobile Connect free app. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield. The Brother Mobile Connect free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Page Yields||Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Pricing||Based on estimated Street Price at available retailers and e-tailers; pricing may vary|
|Print Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Recommended Monthly Volume||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond the range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Scan Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Standard Interfaces||Cables not included. Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Supplies & Accessories||Additional purchase required|
|Up to 1-year of ink in-box.||Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 100 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|