Color Inkjet All-in-One for your Home or Home Office If you're looking for an easy-to-use, economical color inkjet all-in-one that won't waste valuable workspace, the Brother™ MFC-J245 may be exactly what you need. In addition to its budget-friendly purchase price, it offers a lower total cost of operation thanks to the option of printing in Ink Save mode and the availability of high-yield replacement ink cartridges‡. Features like the built-in fax, a 20-page capacity auto document feeder and easy-to-change front-loading ink cartridges make this all-in-one an excellent choice for your home or home office.
- Fast Color Printing on Demand. Fast print speeds up to 27ppm black and 10ppm color. ISO print speeds up to 11ppm black and 6ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)‡.
- Convenient 4-Cartridge Ink System. Only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- 1 Line LCD Display. Easily navigate menus on the 1 Line LCD Display.
- Fast print speeds up to 27ppm black and 10ppm color. ISO print speeds up to 11ppm black and 6ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)‡.
- Versatile Scanning. Capabilities to scan using a variety of formats including JPEG, TIFF and PDF to E-mail, OCR and more.
- Warranty. 1 year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of your product‡.
- 1 Line LCD Display for easy menu navigation.
- Standard and High Yield Ink Cartridges</b >. Standard and High Yield Ink Cartridges make it economical to maintain.
- Standard and high yield ink cartridges make it economical to maintain.
- Ink Save Mode</b >. Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing.
- Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing
- Built-in fax</b >. No PC required to send and receive documents.
- Built-in fax - No PC required to send and receive documents
- Flatbed Copier</b >. Makes it easier to copy bound, thick or odd size documents.
- Flatbed copier makes it easier to copy bound, thick or odd size documents
Connectivity & Compatibility
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- Standard Interface(s)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Interface
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Letter 8.5" x 11.7"
- ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡
- 5 / 5ipm
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1/2in1(ID Copy)/4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
- No PC Required
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 18.8" x 9.6" x 18.0
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 21.4 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 16.1" x 14.7" x 7.1"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 17.2 lbs
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 7 Sec. Per Page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (40 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- No / Yes / Yes
- Caller ID Ready‡
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 14.4K bps
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 170 Page Fax Memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W & Color Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- LCD Display
- 1-Line LCD Display
- LCD Size (characters/lines)
- 1-Line LCD Display
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- 2,500 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 50 - 1000 Printed Pages
- Toner Save Mode
- Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- 50 sheets
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope (C5 Envelope, Com-10, DL Envelope, Monarch), A4, Photo 4"x6", Photo-2L 5"x7", Index Card 5"x8"
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Innobella Glossy 8.5" x 11" Photo Paper (BP71GLTR); Innobella Glossy 4" x 6" Photo Paper (BP71GP20), Brother Plain Paper BP60MPLTR, Innobella Glossy 8.5" x 11 Photo Paper (BP61GLL) and 3M 3410 Transparency Film.
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (min/max)
- 17-58 lbs.
- Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡
- Up to 100-Sheet Input Capacity
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Copying)
- 50dBA or Less
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50 - 95° F
- Power Source
- AC 100-120V 50/60Hz
- Black Print Speed (max. ppm)
- 27ppm Black‡
- Borderless Printing
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) Cartridges L101 Series CD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and MacUser's ManualQuick Setup GuideTelephone Line Cord
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- Innobella™LC101BK‡, LC101C‡, LC101M‡, LC101Y‡
- 1-Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Black Print Speed (max. ppm)||Click here for inkjet print speed methodology.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Distinctive Ring Detection Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of starter cartridge will be approx. 80% of replacement 101 cartridge series, due to ink system initialization process. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. Click here for inkjet print speed methodology.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734. Click here for inkjet print speed methodology.|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.|
|Warranty||Click Here for Warranty Statement.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary