Your session has timed out. Please log in again
About the Product
Full print, copy, scan and fax functionality, a generous 2.7” touchscreen display and two adjustable paper trays for up to a 400-page total capacity help make the MFC-J4535DW all-in-one color inkjet printer the ultimate INKvestment Tank printer for your home, home office, schoolwork or small business. Additional paper handling options include an up to 20-sheet automatic document feeder for fast copying and scanning along with a bypass tray to handle a variety of media. The MFC-J4535DW also offers versatile connection options with NFC touch to print,‡ built-in wireless,‡ Wi-Fi Direct®, Ethernet or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. The MFC-J4535DW is supported by the free Brother Mobile Connect‡ App providing a convenient user interface that enables printing, scanning, copying and device management from your smartphone or tablet. The MFC-J4535DW features fast print and scan speeds, along with the ability to wirelessly print, copy and scan‡ plus duplex printing and enough ink for up to 1-year of printing with just the ink included in-box.‡ Delivering high-quality color and black and white prints, the enhanced color graphics and reengineered ink provide more vivid colors making it great for printing photos and color documents. The MFC-J4535DW has an internal ink storage tank and uses reengineered INKvestment Tank ink cartridges that hold more ink to deliver more pages of uninterrupted printing without sacrificing the sleek, modern design. INKvestment Tank cartridges automatically and continually supply ink to the tank to deliver uninterrupted printing and super convenience. There’s no need to stop and refill the ink tank, the cartridges do the work for you. When needed, it’s simple to replace INKvestment Tank cartridges; just pop out the empty cartridge and snap in a front-loading, plug-in replacement and get back to printing - no waiting and no mess involved. The MFC-J4535DW features the unique Brother Page Gauge‡ which estimates remaining page levels, so you always know how much ink you have left. The generous 2.7” touchscreen enables easy navigation and simple icons for accessing powerful features plus print-from and scan-to popular cloud services including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and more,‡ directly from the printer. Keep pace with the growing need for color printing with the Brother MFC-J4535DW INKvestment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer. Works with Alexa.. 2-Year Limited Warranty and At Your Side support for the life of the product.
- INKvest in a printer you won’t want to replace. INKvest in a printer you won’t want to replace with up to 1-year of ink in-box‡ along with a host of features to simplify document management. Experience truly uninterrupted printing, exceptional savings and super convenience with up to 1-year of ink, using only the 4 cartridges provided in-box.‡
- Revolutionary INKvestment Tank Technology. The INKvestment Tank’s internal tank works with reengineered INKvestment Tank ink cartridges to eliminate manual refilling. This helps to deliver more pages of convenient, worry-free printing without sacrificing the compact, desktop size.
- Brother INKvestment Tank front-loading ink cartridges. The easy-to-use, front-loading plug-in INKvestment Tank ink cartridges hold more ink than traditional cartridges to continually supply ink to the internal tank, so you get more pages without needing to refill. When refilling is needed, simply take out the empty cartridge, plug-in a replacement and get back to printing with no waiting and no mess.
- Put the power of printing at your fingertips. The simple to use free Brother Mobile Connect‡ App delivers easy onscreen menu navigation for printing, copying, scanning and device management from your mobile device.
- Generous 2.7” touchscreen. Easy-to-read, touchscreen enables you to navigate to powerful features plus print-from and scan-to popular cloud services including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and more‡ directly from the printer
- Large page yields means less ink replacement. When you do need to replace your ink supply, choose Brother Genuine Standard Yield for up to 3,000 BK/1,500 CL pages or High-Yield for up to 6,000 BK/5,000 CL pages‡ per replacement INKvestment Tank cartridge for even more convenience and uninterrupted printing.
- Simple to connect your way. Versatile connection options include built-in wireless,‡ Wi-Fi Direct®, Ethernet or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface. The NFC (Near Field Communication)‡ feature simplifies direct printing from a cell phone or other mobile device. Works with Alexa.
- Print with confidence using Page Gauge.‡ Help take the guesswork out of when to replace ink by using Page Gauge, a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.‡ Check ink levels directly from the printer LCD touchscreen or use the free Brother Mobile Connect‡ App to check from virtually anywhere using your mobile device.
- Versatile paper handling with up to 400-sheet capacity. Featuring two adjustable paper trays that can handle letter or legal-size paper with a total capacity of 400 sheets. Also features an up to 20-sheet automatic document feeder and a bypass tray for alternative media and automatic duplex (2-sided) printing to help save paper.
- Brother At Your Side support. 2-Year Limited Warranty and At Your Side support for the life of your product – visit us at www.brother.com.
Printing Technology You Can Rely On
Brother INKvestment Tank Technology allows you to experience uninterrupted printing with up to 1-year of ink provided in-box(1).
Game-Changing INKvestment Tank Technology
Brother INKvestment Tank ink cartridges have been reengineered, so say goodbye to manual refilling and hello to printer results you can rely on.
Customize The Adjustable Paper Trays To Suit Your Specific Needs
Save paper with two adjustable paper trays that offer a total capacity of 400-sheets, up to 20-sheet automatic document feeder, bypass tray, or automatic 2-sided printing.
Easy-To-Use App Makes Printing On The Go Simple
With the Brother Mobile Connect(2) App, you can control scanning, printing, device management, and copying from your favorite mobile device.
For Use with Brother Genuine Supplies:
|Brother Genuine LC406BK||Brother Genuine LC406XLBK||Brother Genuine LC406C||Brother Genuine LC406M||Brother Genuine LC406Y||Brother Genuine LC4063PK|
|Description||Standard Yield||High Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield||Standard Yield|
|Approximate Page Yield (3)||3,000 pages||6,000 pages||1,500 pages||1,500 pages||1,500 pages||1,500 pages each|
|Cartridge Color||Black||Black||Cyan||Magenta||Yellow||Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|What's in the box||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Black Ink Cartridge||1 Cyan Ink Cartridge||1 Magenta Ink Cartridge||1 Yellow Ink Cartridge||3 Color Ink Cartridges|
|Brother Genuine Reliability||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Functions||Print / Copy / Scan||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|Includes up to 1-year of Ink In-Box||Yes (4)||Yes (1)||Yes (1)||Yes (5)|
|Max ISO Print Speed (6)||16 ppm / 9 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm||20 ppm / 19 ppm||22 ppm / 20 ppm|
|Paper Tray (Max Capacity)||150 sheets||150 sheets||400 sheets (2 Trays)||250 sheets|
|Manual Feed Slot||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Auto Document Feeder||No||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 20 sheets||Up to 50 sheets|
|Duplex (2-Sided) Printing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ledger Printing (11" X 17")||No||No||No||Yes|
|Document Glass Size||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"||8.5" x 11.7"|
|Display||LED||1.8" Color LCD||2.7" Color Touchscreen||3.7" Color Touchscreen|
|Standard Interfaces (2)||Wireless, Wireless Direct, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0||Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB 2.0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility (2)||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®||AirPrint®, Mopria®|
|Brother Mobile Apps (2)||Brother Mobile Connect||Brother Mobile Connect||Brother Mobile Connect||Brother iPrint&Scan|
(2) Requires connection to a wireless network. Brother Mobile Connect and Brother iPrint&Scan free app download are not available in all countries. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
(3) Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711.
(4) Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 100 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
(5) Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
(6) Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.
(7) The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later.
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Specifications subject to change.
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Scan to Mobile, Fax Forward to Cloud / Email, Scan To PowerPoint, Scan To Excel, Scan to Word, Easy Scan to E-mail|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Brother Mobile Connect, Mopria®, Wi-Fi Direct®, NFC|
|Near Field Communications‡||Yes|
|One-Push Wireless Setup||Wi-Fi Protected Setup™|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, USB Memory Stick, NFC, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Client and Server, HTTP Server, ICMP, IPP, LDAP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||TFTP Server, HTTP Server, FTP Client, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, LDAP, Web Services (Print/Scan)|
|USB Host Location(s)||Front|
|System Requirements||Download System Requirements †|
|Copy Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Copy Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)||13|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)||10.5|
|N in 1 Functions||2in1 / 4in1|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||12.25" x 19.375" x 18.25"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||25.8|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||17.1" x 14.6" x 9.8"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||21.1|
|Fax Modem Speed||14.4k bps|
|Fax Page Memory‡ (max. pages)||180|
|PC Fax Capability (Send/Receive)‡||Yes|
|Ink Save Mode||Yes|
|LCD Display||2.7" Color Touchscreen|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||UP to 30,000|
|Operating System Compatibility||PC: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7; Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 Mac(R): OS X v10.14.6, 10.15.x, 10.11|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||200 to 2,000|
|Standard Memory (MB)||128|
|Duplex Printing Capability||Yes|
|Manual Feed Capacity‡ (sheets)||1|
|Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||20|
|Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||8.5"/14"|
|Media Type||Plain, Glossy Paper ‡, Recycled Paper|
|Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||5.8"/5.8"|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||1|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||100|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Envelope, Legal, Executive, A3, A4, A5, A6, Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7"), Photo (5" x 8"), Photo (8" x 10")|
|Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)||17-24 lbs.|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||400|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)||57dB|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||20-80% (w/out condensation)|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||50-95° F|
|Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Ready/Copying||.2W/1.2W/3.5W/20W|
|Power Source||AC 120V 50/60Hz|
|Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)||20|
|Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)||19|
|Consumable Type||Ink Cartridge|
|Duplex Printing Standard||Yes|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®|
|Advanced Scanning Features||Continuous Scan‡, Scan Profiles (up to 25), ADF Auto Deskew, Blank Page Skip, ID Scan‡, Scan Profiles|
|Direct Scanning Destinations‡||USB Flash Memory Drive, Mobile Devices, Google Drive, Evernote/Evernote for Business, Dropbox, Microsoft OneNote, OneDrive/OneDrive for Business|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution† (max. dpi)||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Mobile Device Scanning‡||Brother Mobile Connect|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 2400 dpi (flatbed), 1200 x 600 dpi (ADF)|
|Scan File Formats||JPEG (JPG), XML Paper Specification (XPS), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF, Portable Network Graphics (PNG), TIFF Single-page/Multi-page (TIF)|
|"Scan To" Feature†||OCR‡, Image‡, Workflow (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡, Cloud Services (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡, Email, PC (File, Email, Image, OCR), USB Memory Stick, Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡|
|Scanning Capability||B/W and Color|
|Carton Contents‡||Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow Starter Ink Cartridges‡, Quick Setup Guide, Product Safety Guide, Product Registration Sheet, Telephone Line , Warranty Card|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Supplies & Accessories (9)
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, and A6, paper sizes. Borderless not available with duplex printing. Minimum default margins when not printing borderless is 0.12 inches.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Brother Cloud Apps||Requires an Internet connection|
|Brother Mobile Connect Application||Requires connection to a wireless network. Brother Mobile Connect free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready||Check with local phone company for service availability|
|Cloud Services||Requires internet connection and account with desired service.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect||Requires an Internet connection and an account with desired service. All referenced trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies. ©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google LLC. EVERNOTE is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.|
|Copy Resolution (maximum)||Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||Requires connection to a wireless network. NFC requires the mobile device to have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®|
|Mobile Printing and Scanning Capabilities||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Near Field Communication||The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later.|
|Page Gauge||Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Print Speed (Maximum)||ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For more details, please visit www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Replacement Cartridges||All page yields are approximate and are calculated in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. LC406BK page yield is 3,000 pages; LC406 C/M/Y page yield is 1,500 pages per cartridge. LC406XLBK page yield is 6,000 pages; LC406XL C/M/Y is 5,000 pages per cartridge. For additional page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper|
|Up to 1 Year of Ink In-box||Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 150 pages at 60% black pages/40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For additional page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|