About the Product
The Brother MFC-J6545DW XL Extended Print INKvestment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer delivers reliable performance, enhanced productivity and professional results perfect for small businesses and home offices. The MFC-J6545DW XL features reengineered INKvestment Tank cartridges that work with an internal ink storage tank to deliver uninterrupted printing for up to 2-years‡ without the need to purchase ink.
- Breathe easy with up to 2 years of ink in-box. Experience truly uninterrupted printing, exceptional savings and super convenience with up to two years of ink‡, based on printing approximately 300 pages per month, using only the cartridges provided in-box.
- Revolutionary INKvestment Tank Ink System. Brother reengineered its ink cartridges to hold more ink and created an internal ink storage tank delivering more pages of uninterrupted printing.
- Large page yields and low-cost printing. Help extend the savings when it’s time to replace your ink supply with Super or Ultra High-Yield replacement INKvestment Tank cartridges. Print for less than $0.01 per page in black and less than $0.05 per page in color with INKvestment Tank Ultra High-Yield replacement cartridges‡.
- Print with confidence using Page Gauge. Help take the guesswork out of when to replace ink by using the unique Brother Page Gauge‡, a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.
- Versatile paper handling increases productivity. Print, copy, scan and fax up to 11”x17”. The 250-sheet capacity paper tray accepts up to 11”x17” paper, plus a ledger-size scan glass. An up to 100-sheet multi-purpose tray delivers added capacity and lets you print on envelopes, cardstock and other media for diverse printing needs.
- Engineered to deliver efficiency. Up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder helps save time with multi-page copy, scan and fax. Fast print speeds help get jobs done quickly.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet‡.
- Intuitive Cloud connection. Print-from and scan-to popular cloud apps directly from the 3.7" color touchscreen including Dropbox, Google Drive™, Evernote, OneNote and more‡. Help save time by creating custom shortcuts right on the touchscreen for your most used features.
- Connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless, Ethernet and Wi-Fi Direct® or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface.
- At your side support. 2 year Limited Warranty and free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer.
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Office Print, Scan to Office, Scan to Mobile, Cloud Secure Print, Easy Scan to E-mail|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Wi-Fi Direct®|
|Near Field Communications‡||No|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Client and Server, HTTP Server, ICMP, IPP, LDAP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||TFTP Server, HTTP Server, IPP, FTP Client, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, SMTP Client, CIFS Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP, Web Services (Print/Scan)|
|USB Host Location(s)||Front|
|Copy Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Copy Resolution||600 x 600 max. dpi|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)||15|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)||11|
|N in 1 Functions||2in1 / 4in1|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||22.6" W x 18.8" D x 12.2" H|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||44.3|
|Broadcasting (Number of Locations)||250|
|Call Waiting/Caller ID/Distinctive Ring Ready‡||No/Yes/Yes|
|External TAD Interface||Yes|
|Fax Modem Speed||33.6K bps|
|Fax Page Memory‡ (max. pages)||180|
|Faxing Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Maximum Fax Resolution||203x392 lines/inch|
|PC Fax Capability (Send/Receive)‡||Yes|
|Ink Save Mode||Yes|
|LCD Display||3.7" Color Touchscreen|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Up to 30,000 pages|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10, Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016, macOS® v10.11.6/10.12.x/10.13.x|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||Up to 2,000 pages|
|Standard Memory (MB)||128|
|Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||50|
|Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||11"/17"|
|Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||4.1"/5.8"|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||100|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray||Letter, Legal, Ledger, Executive, A3, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Folio (8" x 13"), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7")|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Ledger, Executive, A3, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Folio (8" x 13"), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7")|
|Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)||17-24 lbs.|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||250|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)||22|
|Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)||20|
|Consumable Type||Ink Cartridge|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||576|
|Duplex Printing Standard||Yes|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®, Linux|
|Advanced Scanning Features||ID Scan‡|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution† (max. dpi)||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Brother iPrint&Scan|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 1200 dpi (flatbed), 600 x 600 dpi (ADF)|
|"Scan To" Feature†||E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, FTP, USB, Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡|
|Scanning Capability||B/W and Color|
|Carton Contents‡||MFC-J6545DW, 1 set of LC3039BK/C/Y/M Starter Cartridges & 1 set of LC3037BK/C/Y/M Starter Cartridges, Installation Disc, Quick Setup Guide, Reference Guide, Product Safety Guide, Telephone Line Cord|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Supplies & Accessories (13)
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Borderless Printing‡||Borderless printing is available for Letter, Ledger, 3.5"x5", 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A3, A4, and A6, paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)‡||B&W only.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Carton Contents‡||Actual yield of initial cartridges (LC3039 starter cartridge series) will be approx. 85% of replacement LC3039 Black, and 75% of replacement LC3039 Color Series, due to ink system initialization. All replacement cartridges will provide approximate page yield stated in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with desired service.|
|Cost Per Page‡||Based on MSRP of LC3039 black and color ink cartridges and approximate page yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (color)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Page Gauge‡||Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|PC Fax Capability‡||Black & White only.|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)‡||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Product Images‡||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Up to 2 Years of Ink In-box‡||Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 8 cartridges provided in-box. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield. Some ink cartridge packages were printed with incorrect ink expirations of either 6 or 12 months. Please note this was an error. All ink cartridges have a "Best Before" date of 3 years from the manufacturing date.|
|USB Host‡||Supports JPEG|