About the Product
The Brother MFC-J6945DW INKvestment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer delivers reliable performance, enhanced productivity and professional results perfect for small businesses and home offices. The MFC-J6945DW features reengineered INKvestment Tank cartridges that work with an internal ink storage tank to deliver uninterrupted printing for up to 1-year‡ without the need to purchase ink.
- Breathe easy with up to 1 year of ink in-box. Experience truly uninterrupted printing, exceptional savings and super convenience with up to one year of ink‡, based on printing approximately 300 pages per month, using only the cartridges provided in-box.
- Revolutionary INKvestment Tank Ink System. Brother reengineered its ink cartridges to hold more ink and created an internal ink storage tank delivering more pages of uninterrupted printing.
- Large page yields and low-cost printing. Help extend the savings when it’s time to replace your ink supply with Super or Ultra High-Yield replacement INKvestment Tank cartridges. Print for less than $0.01 per page in black and less than $0.05 per page in color with INKvestment Tank Ultra High-Yield replacement cartridges‡.
- Print with confidence using Page Gauge. Help take the guesswork out of when to replace ink by using the unique Brother Page Gauge‡, a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.
- Versatile paper handling increases productivity. Print, copy, scan and fax up to 11”x17”. Two paper trays with 500-sheet total capacity help minimize refills and accept up to 11”x17” paper, plus a ledger-size scan glass. An up to 100-sheet multi-purpose tray delivers added capacity and lets you print on envelopes, cardstock and other media for diverse printing needs.
- Engineered to deliver efficiency. Helps save time with single-pass duplex (2-sided) copying and scanning via up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder, offering multi-page copy, scan and fax. Fast print speeds help get jobs done quickly.
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet‡. For added convenience, use NFC “touch to connect” to print and scan without connecting to a network‡.
- Intuitive Cloud connection. Print-from and scan-to popular cloud apps directly from the 3.7" color touchscreen including Dropbox, Google Drive™, Evernote, OneNote and more‡. Help save time by creating custom shortcuts right on the touchscreen for your most used features.
- Connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless, Ethernet and Wi-Fi Direct® or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface.
- At your side support. 2 year Limited Warranty and free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer.
- Versatile paper handling with up to 11” x 17” printing, copying, scanning & faxing
- Fewer paper refills with the two paper trays providing 500-sheet total capacity
- Helps save time with single-pass duplex (2-sided) copying and scanning via up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- 100-sheet capacity multipurpose tray to print on card stock, envelopes, photo paper and more
- Choose from built-in wireless, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct® or USB interfaces
- NFC “touch to connect” print and scan without a network connection4
- Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet6
- Directly print-from and scan-to popular cloud apps directly from the 3.7” color touchscreen including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive™, OneNote and more2
- Simple ink replacement with individual snap-in cartridges
- Brother ink provides superior print quality and reliable results.
- Brother has a convenient, environmentally responsible recycling program for Brother Genuine cartridge disposal
- MFC-J6945DW named Outstanding Ledger-Size Inkjet All-in-One Printer
Brother MFC-J6945DW INKvestment Tank Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer with Up to 1-Year of Ink In-box1The Brother MFC-J6945DW INKvestment Tank color inkjet all-in-one printer with tank technology delivers reliable performance, enhanced productivity and professional results - perfect for small businesses and home offices. High-capacity INKvestment Tank cartridges along with an internal ink storage tank and an intelligent Page Gauge3 help to deliver convenient, uninterrupted printing for up to 1-year1 without the need to purchase ink. Business-capable features help increase productivity with 11”x17” ledger print, copy, scan and fax, single-pass duplex copying & scanning and cloud printing & scanning directly from the touchscreen2. With INKvestment Tank all-in-one printers, you get the great features, convenience and affordability you need without the worry about your printer running out of ink.
Why INKvestment Tank?Delivers ultra-convenience with up to 1-year without needing to replace ink cartridges1
Page Gauge monitors ink usage so you print with confidence3
Versatile paper handling – two paper trays with 500-sheet total capacity helps minimize refills
Convenient NFC “touch to connect” print and scan without a network connection4
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Office Print, Scan to Office, Scan to Mobile, Cloud Secure Print, Easy Scan to E-mail|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Wi-Fi Direct®, NFC|
|Near Field Communications‡||Yes|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||APIPA (Auto IP), TFTP Server, ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Client and Server, HTTP Server, ICMP, IPP, LDAP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, POP3, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, Web Services (Print/Scan), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||TFTP Server, HTTP Server, IPP, FTP Client, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, POP3, SMTP Client, CIFS Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP, Web Services (Print/Scan)|
|USB Host Location(s)||Front|
|Copy Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Copy Resolution||600 x 600 max. dpi|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)||15|
|ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)||11|
|N in 1 Functions||2in1 / 4in1|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||0.0" x 0.0" x 0.0"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||0.0|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||22.6" W x 18.8" D x 14.9" H|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||53.1|
|Broadcasting (Number of Locations)||250|
|Call Waiting/Caller ID/Distinctive Ring Ready‡||No/Yes/Yes|
|External TAD Interface||Yes|
|Fax Modem Speed||33.6K bps|
|Fax Page Memory‡ (max. pages)||180|
|Faxing Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Maximum Fax Resolution||203x392 lines/inch|
|PC Fax Capability (Send/Receive)‡||Yes|
|Ink Save Mode||Yes|
|LCD Display||3.7" Color Touchscreen|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Up to 30,000 pages|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10, Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016, macOS® v10.11.6/10.12.x/10.13.x|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||Up to 2,000 pages|
|Standard Memory (MB)||512|
|Maximum Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||50|
|Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||11"/17"|
|Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||4.1"/5.8"|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||100|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray||Letter, Legal, Ledger, Executive, A3, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Folio (8" x 13"), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7")|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Ledger, Executive, A3, A4, A5, A6, Index Card (5" x 8"), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Folio (8" x 13"), Photo (3.5" x 5"), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (5" x 7")|
|Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)||17-24 lbs.|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||500|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)||22|
|Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)||20|
|Consumable Type||Ink Cartridge|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||576|
|Duplex Printing Standard||Yes|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3‡, GDI, PCL6 (PCL XL Class 3.0), PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®, Linux|
|Advanced Scanning Features||ID Scan‡|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution† (max. dpi)||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Brother iPrint&Scan|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 1200 dpi (flatbed), 600 x 600 dpi (ADF)|
|"Scan To" Feature†||E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, FTP, USB, Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡|
|Scanning Capability||B/W and Color|
|Carton Contents‡||MFC-J6945DW, BK/C/Y/M Starter Ink Cartridges, Installation Disc, Quick Setup Guide, Reference Guide, Product Safety Guide, Telephone Line Cord|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Supplies & Accessories (11)
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution.|
|Borderless Printing‡||Borderless printing is available for Letter, Ledger, 3.5"x5", 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A3, A4, and A6, paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)‡||B&W only.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||Check with local phone company for service availability.|
|Carton Contents‡||Actual yield of initial cartridges will be approx. 100% of replacement LC3037 Series, due to ink system initialization. All replacement cartridges will provide approximate page yield stated in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with desired service.|
|Cost Per Page‡||Based on MSRP of LC3039 black and color ink cartridges and approximate page yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (color)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Near Field Communication (NFC)‡||The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later.|
|Page Gauge‡||Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|PC Fax Capability‡||Black & White only.|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)‡||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Product Images‡||Images are for illustrative purposes only.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Up to 1 Year of Ink In-box‡||Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield. Some ink cartridge packages were printed with incorrect ink expirations of either 6 or 12 months. Please note this was an error. All ink cartridges have a "Best Before" date of 3 years from the manufacturing date.|
|USB Host‡||Supports JPEG and PDF version1.7|
- Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages at 60% black pages / 40% color pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 4 cartridges provided in-box. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
- Requires an Internet connection and an account with desired service.
- Page Gauge is an estimate for informational purposes only. For actual cartridge yield information refer to www.brother.com/pageyield.
- The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.4 or later.
- Based on MSRP of LC3039 black and color ink cartridges and approximate page yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
- Requires connection to a wireless network.
*All referenced trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies. If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions. Prices may vary.