Spend less for more pages with INKvestment cartridges - the innovative and cost-effective solution for any home office. Business-capable features include automatic two-sided printing, up to 20-sheet ADF, and wireless and mobile device connectivity. Two-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of the product.
- Spend less for more pages‡ 2400-page black cartridges for under $25, 1200-page color cartridges for under $15.
- Print for pennies and nickels Less than one cent per page for black and white printing, and less than five cents per page in color‡.
- Business-capable features for home office environments, including automatic duplex printing and up to 20-sheet ADF.
- 100-sheet paper tray capacity Single sheet bypass tray for printing on envelopes and card stock for added convenience.
- Print and scan from almost anywhere smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer‡.
- Break free and go wireless Enjoy the freedom of wireless connectivity - and no router needed with Wi-Fi Direct® ‡.
- 2.7" Touchscreen display to easily navigate to powerful features.
- Scan to popular cloud services directly from the machine, including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Evernote, and more‡. Capture and digitize paper documents with Brother Cloud Apps for electronic storage or sharing‡.
- Compact design that fits in nearly any workspace.
- Two-year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of the product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Brother Cloud Apps‡
- Scan to Word, Scan To Excel, Scan To PowerPoint, Scan to Office
- Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡
- GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™ 2.0, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria®, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct®, NFC
- Near Field Communications‡
- One-Push Wireless Setup
- AOSS, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, NFC, Wi Fi Direct, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, FTP Server, SNMPv1/v2c, TFTP Server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client
- Copy Capability
- Black and White, Color
- Design Style
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Black) ‡ (ppm)
- ISO-Based Max Copy Speed (Color) ‡ (cpm)
- N in 1 Functions
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- Sorting Function
- Stand-Alone Copying
- Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 19.6" x 9.8" x 18.0"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 16.5" x 13.4" x 6.8"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Maximum Paper Capacity‡
- Ink Save Mode
- LCD Display
- 2.7" Color Touchscreen
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡
- up to 2,500 Printed Pages
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡
- 50 - 1,000 Printed Pages
- Toner Save Mode
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages‡)
- Duplex Printing Capability
- Maximum Input for ADF (Width/Height)
- Output Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed
- Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch), Photo (4" x 6"), Photo (3.5" x 5")
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray
- A4, Letter, Legal, Executive, A5, A6, Photo (4" x 6"), Index Card (5" x 8"), Photo (5" x 7"), Envelope (C5), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch)
- Recommended Paper Brands
- Innobella Glossy 8.5"x11" Photo Paper (BP71GLTR), Innobella Glossy 4"x6" Photo Paper (BP71GP20), Brother Plain Paper BP60MPLTR , Innobella Glassy 8.5" x 11" Photo Paper (BP61GLL), 3M 3410 Transparency Film
- Sheet Weight - ADF (Min/Max)
- 17-24 lbs.
- Sorting Function
- Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Machine Noise (Ready/Copying)
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 50 - 95° F
- Black ISO-Based Max Print Speed ‡ (ppm)
- Borderless Printing
- Color ISO-Based Max Print Speed‡ (ppm)
- Consumable Type
- Ink Cartridge
- Duplex Printing Standard
- Print Resolution (max. dpi)
- 6000 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility‡
- Windows, macOS®
- Duplex Scanning
- Included Software
- Scansoft PaperPort SE, Presto!® PageManager® with OCR for Mac®
- Mobile Device Scanning App‡
- Brother iPrint&Scan
- Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)
- 1200 x 2400 dpi (flatbed), 1200 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Scan File Formats
- JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF
- "Scan To" Feature†
- E-mail‡, Image, OCR, File, USB
- Scanning Capability
- B/W and Color
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, SSID (32 chr), WPA/PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Carton Contents‡
- (4) INKvestment Super High-yield Ink Cartridges LC20E Series CD-ROM – Assembly for Windows and Mac Basic User's Guide Quick Setup Guide Telephone Line Cord
- 2 Year Limited
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart with highest available coding method and standard resolution|
|Borderless Printing||Borderless printing is available for Letter, 4"x6", 5"x8", 5"x7", A4, A6, 3.9"x5.8" and 5.8"x7.8" paper sizes.|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||B&W only.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection. For more details, visit www.connectprintshare.com.|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||Distinctive Ring Ready‡ Check with local phone company for service availability|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires internet connection and an account with desired service. See www.connectprintshare.com for more details.|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 at standard resolution and highest compression mode.|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Actual yield of initial cartridge will be approx. 90% of replacement LC20E Black, and 60% of replacement LC20E Color Series, due to ink system initialization. All replacement cartridges will provide approximate page yield stated in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711.For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (black)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Copy Speed (color)‡||Copy speed using ADF. Based on ISO/IEC 24735. For inkjet copy speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (black)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|ISO-based Print Speed (color)‡||Based on ISO/IEC 24734 (after first set of ISO test pages). For inkjet print speed methodology, please visit https://www.brother-usa.com/-/media/files/PPM_page_L2.ashx.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.connectprintshare.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility. The Brother iPrint&Scan free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. For more details regarding Brother™ iPrint&Scan app visit www.connectprintshare.com|
|Near Field Communication‡||See www.brother-usa.com/nfc for a list of compatible mobile devices.|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||Resolutions are listed vertical by horizontal dpi.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡|
|Warranty||Click here for 2-Year Limited Warranty statement.|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary