The Brother MFC-L8850CDW is a dependable color laser All-in-One designed for small workgroups in small to medium-sized businesses. It quickly prints at up to 32ppm in color and black and helps reduce costs with paper-saving automatic duplex (two-sided) printing and high-yield replacement toner cartridges‡. Its 300-sheet paper capacity can be expanded to 800 sheets with an optional add-on tray‡. This All-in-One is great for producing high-impact color business prints and copies, plus offers faxing, advanced scanning capabilities including single-pass duplex scanning, and built-in wireless and wired networking. Easily navigate menus and access popular cloud services‡ via the 4.85" color Touchscreen display. Plus, the MFC-L8850CDW supports printing from and scanning to mobile devices‡.
- High-quality color printing. With print speeds up to 32ppm in both color and black, you no longer have to wait for high-impact business documents.
- Advanced duplex capability. Two-sided printing to help save paper. Plus, scans both sides of the page in a single-pass for fast, two-sided copying, scanning, faxing
- Flexible connectivity. Print, scan or PC fax over your wireless or Ethernet network or connect locally to a single computer via USB‡.
- 4.85" color Touchscreen display. Offers intuitive menu navigation, shortcuts, and scanning to popular cloud services‡ including: EVERNOTE®, DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, ONENOTE®, and more
- Convenient mobile device printing & scanning. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Mopria®, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®. Plus, wirelessly scan to your mobile device with the Brother iPrint&Scan app.
- Flexible paper handling. The MFC-L8850CDW features a 250-sheet capacity tray that is adjustable for letter or legal-size paper, plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. An optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ is available for additional capacity.
- Advanced scanning capabilities. Supports a variety of "scan to" functions including: E-mail, file, image, OCR, FTP, SSH Server (SFTP), Microsoft® SharePoint®, USB, Network Folder (CIFS) and E-mail Server‡. Advanced scanning features including base color (background) removal, ID Scan‡ continuous scanning‡ and blank page skip‡ help ensure your scans come out right the first time.
- Cost-efficient printing. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce operating costs by using high-yield replacement toner cartridges (approx. 4,000 pages‡ black/3,500 pages‡ color).
- Help control your printing costs. Use the Secure Function Lock feature to set page counts or restrict printing on a per user or group basis (supports up to 100 users).
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder. Convenient for copying, scanning or faxing multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Legal-size document glass. Easily copy or scan bound materials or up to legal-size documents.
- Advanced security features. Provides a wide-range of security features including: secure print, Secure Function Lock, SSL, Enterprise Security (802.1x), and network user authentication and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory® (using LDAP).
- Walk-up printing and scanning. Features a front-access USB Direct Interface to directly print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive‡.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother MFC-L8850CDW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Brother Cloud Apps‡
- Office Print, Outline&Copy, Outline&Scan, Easy Scan to E-mail, NoteScan, Office Doc Creator, CreativeCenter®
- Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡
- GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, ONEDRIVE®, ONENOTE®, DROPBOX, box, FACEBOOK™, FLICKR®
- Industry Specific Certifications
- Cerner Certified
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡
- AirPrint®, Google Cloud Print™, Mopria®, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®
- One-Push Wireless Configuration
- AOSS™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ capable routers
- Standard Interface(s)
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Standard Network Features†
- Printing, Scanning, PC Fax
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, POP3, SMTP Client, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client, LDAP, IMAP4
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)
- NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, POP3, SMTP Client, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP, Web Services (Print/Scan), IMAP4
- USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡
- Black Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- Color Copy Speed (max. cpm)
- Copy Resolution (maximum)
- 1200 x 600 dpi
- Copying Capability
- B/W & Color Copying
- Design Style
- Document Glass Size
- Duplex Copying
- ID Copy
- N in 1 Function
- 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function
- 25% - 400%
- Sorting Function
- Stand-alone Copying
Dimensions & Weights
- Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 26.0" x 24.6" x 27.5"
- Carton Weight (lbs)
- 80.2 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")
- 19.3" x 20.7" x 20.9"
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- 67.4 lbs.
- Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header
- Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 seconds per page
- Broadcasting (# of locations)
- Yes (350 locations)‡
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡
- Document Memory Backup
- Duplex Faxing
- External TAD Interface
- Fax Modem Speed
- 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (max. pages) ‡
- Up to 500 page fax memory
- Faxing Capability
- B/W Faxing
- Fax/Telephone Switch
- Out-of-Paper Reception
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†
- Quick Scan/Memory Transmission (approx. sec/page)‡
- Approx. 2.5 sec/page
- Total Auto Dial Locations
- 300 locations
- 802.1x Enterprise Security
- EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Ethernet),LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Wireless)
- Security Functions
- Secure Print, Setting Lock, Secure Function Lock, Store Print Log to Network, Active Directory (LDAP)
- Wireless Network Security
- WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)
- Carton Contents‡
- (1) TN331BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pages‡)(1) TN331C/TN331M/TN331Y (1,500 pgs‡ each)(1) DR331CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs‡)Installation CD-ROMAC Power CordQuick Setup Guide and Basic User's Guide
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- 1) TN331BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (2,500 pages)(1) TN331C/TN331M/TN331Y (1,500 pgs each)(1) DR331CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs)
- 1 Year Limited
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)‡||Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.|
|Best Transmission Speed (approx. sec./page)‡||Based on ITU-T test chart at standard resolution with JBIG compression.|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Requires internet connection.|
|Carton Contents||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Cloud Services (Web Connect)‡||Requires Internet connection and an account with a desired service. All referenced trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies. ©2017 Google LLC. All rights reserved. GOOGLE DRIVE, and GOOGLE APPS for BUSINESS are trademarks of Google LLC. EVERNOTE is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible|
|Fax Page Memory (max. pages)‡||Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.|
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Maximum number of printed pages per month and can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum printer life, it is best to choose a printer with a duty cycle that far exceeds your print requirements.|
|Media Type||Single-sheet via multi-purpose tray for glossy paper.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. ©2017 Google LLC. All rights reserved. Google Cloud Print is a trademark of Google LLC. Mopria® is a registered trademark or service mark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Requires connection to a wireless network.|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||Max. dpi from glass: max 1200 x 600 dpi from ADF|
|Optional Paper Trays (capacity)||Additional purchase required.|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Black/White only. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS®.|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.|
|Scan Drivers Included‡||SANE and ISIS drivers are available for download from Brother Solutions Center. Visit http://solutions.brother.com.|
|"Scan To" Feature†||Scan to E-mail Server requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support. Scan to Network Folder (CIFS) not available for Mac OS®. Scan to Microsoft SharePoint only available from Brother Control Center|
- If free shipping is indicated above: free ground shipping on orders over $49.99 within the contiguous U.S. See Shipping Policy for details and conditions.
*Prices May Vary