About the Product
The ScanNCut DX is the only series of home and hobby cutting machine with a built-in scanner & has essentially everything you need to create stunning projects right out of the box. The Brother ScanNCut DX was designed for the hobby enthusiast who is looking for an efficient and clean way to cut materials such as felt and foam (up to 3MM thick!) without frays or damage. Brother’s Auto Blade sensor technology automatically detects the thickness of your materials to cut precise custom and built-in patterns. The Brother SDX125E ScanNCut cutting machine comes with 682 built-in designs, including 100 quilt patterns, and 9 letter fonts—these provide you with multiple ways to quickly create and edit designs on the 5” LCD touchscreen display, plus 76 SVG files included, Birthday Collection, Greeting Cards Collection, Flowers & Valentines Collection (Available with CanvasWorkspace for web only).
This electronic cutting machine is perfect for sewers and quilters. With the Brother SDX125E, struggling to piece together fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects is a thing of the past. The Brother ScanNCut DX gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in ¼” increments to assist you in assembling fabric pieces for your quilts, clothing, and more.
With a simple internet connection, you’ll be able to access and work with Brother CanvasWorkspace to create virtually anywhere and anytime. Work remotely with your tablet, mobile device, or PC. This Brother cutting machine is wireless network ready. While connected to the same internet network, wirelessly send your cut files directly to your Brother ScanNCut DX. The Brother SDX125 is also whisper quiet, allowing you to cut materials with ease and without disturbing others. This Brother machine is backed by a 1 year limited warranty along with free customer phone and online technical support for the life of the product.
- Blade Sensor Technology: Auto blade detects the thickness of material, no blade adjustment or material selection required.
- Cut Up To 0.1” (3 mm) in Thickness: The Brother Home Electronic Cutting Machine effortlessly cuts materials‡ such as foam and felt with the Auto Blade.
- On-Screen Editing: Editing designs is fast and easy. This ScanNCut machine comes with a 5” LCD touchscreen display.
- Stand-Alone: Create a project right out of the box without using a computer or mobile device.
- Fully Detailed Designs: Features a total of 682 built-in designs, including 100 quilt patterns, and 9 letter fonts, this Brother Cutting Machine produces detailed work.
- Wireless Network Ready: Wirelessly connect‡ your PC or mobile device to transfer cut data from the Brother CanvasWorkspace application.
- Perfect for Quilters and Sewers: The Brother SDX125 Electronic Cutting Machine provides a ¼” increment seam allowance to piece together fabric.
- Advanced editing with Canvasworkspace Free software to create, edit, convert and send cut data to and from the machine
Access 682 built-in designs. With the built-in scanner, you can scan your hand-drawn designs and use that as your cut file.
Create with 76 SVG files (3 Pattern Collection included): Birthday Collection, Greeting Cards collection, and Flowers & Valentines Collection. And, use your existing SVG files.
With the 5 inch LCD display, you can easily create and edit projects. No PC or mobile device required.
You can position your desired pattern right on your scanned materials. No need to count blocks!
ScanNCut DX Innov-ís
ScanNCut DX Innov-ís
1Firmware update Ver 1.40 or higher required.
2Material compatibility may vary. Always perform a trial/test cut to confirm a successful cut.
3Compared to the SDX125e model.
4Design and cut area is 9.9” (251.8mm).
5Reads most PES/PHC/PHX embroidery files and SVG files. To read PHX file, software version should be 1.1x or higher.
|Work Area||12" x 24" with optional mat|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||12.25" x 25.0" x 12.1"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||18.0|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||20.906" x 8.465" x 6.811"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||12.79|
|Built-In Quilt Designs||100|
|Direct Connection Via USB Cable||Yes|
|Wireless Connection to PC or Tablet||Yes|
|Wireless Network Ready||Yes|
|Background Scan Adjustment||Darker, Lighter|
|File Formats Supported||FCM, SVG|
|Maximum Scanning Width (in.)||11.7|
|Scan to USB||Yes|
|Scanner Resolution (DPI)||600|
|Scan-to-Cut Data||Detection type: Outline, Detection type: Region, Detection type: Line (Thinning)|
|USB Cable||Not Included|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Parts & Labor, 2 Year Limited Electronic Components and Printed Circuit Boards|
Supplies & Accessories (82)
|Connectivity‡||Internet connection required.|
|Material Compatibility‡||Material compatibility may vary. Always perform a trial/test cut to confirm a successful cut.|
|Optional Accessories‡||Sold separately.|