Your session has timed out. Please log in again
About the Product
Cutting fabric is easy! Create beautiful projects with the ScanNCut DX Innovis Edition Fabric Bundle! The ScanNCut DX is the only cutting machine on the market with true blade sensing technology and a built-in scanner! The blade sensing technology allows you to cut materials up to 3 MM in thickness‡ without adjusting your blade pressure settings and the built-in scanner adds an extra element to your creativity. Scan in fabric and easily cut out applique with the direct cut function or turn a hand made drawing into a sticker the creativity is endless with the ScanNCut DX line up! PLUS! this machine comes with a Fabric Mat and a Fabric Keychain Starter Project to get you started making right out of the box! The ScanNCut DX Innovis Edition is the only ScanNCut DX that can read PES/PHX files!‡ Pull embroidery files from your XP2 or Luminaire to create drawings, foiling accents and embossing projects!
- Blade Sensor Technology with Auto Blade Revolutionary, home and hobby cutting machine technology detects the height (thickness) of the material placed on a ScanNCut DX compatible mat to cut precision custom and built-in patterns. No need to select material type nor adjust blade depth before cutting‡. There is also a setting to select half cut to for cutting the top layer of vinyl and not the backing
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade This blade is designed to cut fabric used for quilting and raw edge appliqué purposes. Quilt with ease and help save time by cutting multiple pieces for your projects. Depending on the material, the Thin Fabric Auto Blade will cut thicknesses from 0.25 mm-0.5 mm. For use only with the ScanNCut DX machine and the ScanNCut DX Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder.
- Built-In Scanner Scan in fabric and easily cut out applique with the direct cut function or turn a hand made drawing into a sticker the creativity is endless with the ScanNCut DX line up!
- PES/PHC/PHX Data Readability with Stitch Data Conversion So many more ways to utilize most existing PES/PHC/PHX embroidery files! The ScanNCut DX reads PES/PHC/PHX appliqué data from a USB memory stick (not included). Customize the PES/PHC/PHX file by selecting only the parts you want to cut. Then take the cut pieces to your Brother embroidery machine to tack down and create unique fabric items. Plus, using the Stitch Line Detection mode, users can create various draw/emboss/foil‡ projects from one embroidery file. This is an exclusive function only available in the SDX225F model.
- Whisper Quiet Mechanism The Brother ScanNCut DX cuts and scans with little noise compared to previous models. Enjoy your DIY projects, card making, or quilting anytime day or night. The redesigned, quieter mechanism is perfect for use in small office or business setting where noise can be very distracting.
- Seam Allowance and Sewing Guidelines Have you ever struggled with piecing together your fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects? ScanNCut DX gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in ¼” increments to assist you in piecing together fabric pieces for your quilts, clothing and more. But wait, it gets better! You can even utilize the erasable pens (air soluble and water soluble) to create sewing guidelines on your designs to assure virtually perfect placement of your stitches.
- Built-in Storage and More The ScanNCut DX machine has ample storage for blades, touch pen, and other tools right inside the front cover! Everything that you store in these compartments stays put with the magnetic closures. Plus, the storage area can be used as a wide-flat work surface for securing materials to the mat. For smooth, even mat feeding the machine has a slide tray in the back.
- Wireless Network Ready Wirelessly‡ transfer cut data from the machine to the CanvasWorkspace application. No additional activation card needed simply register for a Free account at http://canvasworkspace.brother.com to enable the functionality.
- 1303 Built-in Designs, Including 140 Quilt patterns, Plus 17 Lettering Fonts Get creative! Basic shapes, intricate designs, borders, quilt patterns, fonts, and more are all available on the easy-to-use 5-inch color LCD touchscreen display. Choose from many new appliqué patterns and 3-D paper patterns. Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For adding even more variety to your creations, combine built-in designs or scan an image to create any number of one-of-a-kind designs. Plus a Fabric Keychain Project!
- On-Screen Editing Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut DX. Every editing function can be done on the 5-inch LCD touch screen display. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape, size, or position, even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs, you’ll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking – all without the use of a computer or complicated software.
- Scan-to-Cut-Data Now with a smooth line feature getting more clean cuts is easy, simply select from three settings (low, middle, high) on the machine to fine-tune your scanned image to a more precise cutting line. Scan and convert to cut data. Using the technology of the smart scanner, scan in your design and save it as data to cut or draw. ScanNCut DX will create cut lines automatically, and then within minutes, hand drawn elements can grace the pages of your artwork as a cut element or drawing with the assistance of the pen draw feature.
- Large Scanning and Cutting Area Using the included 12" x 12" cutting mat, or the 12" x 24" cutting mat (available for additional purchase), easily create and cut a wide variety of designs – from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus, the cutting mats double as a scanning mat for ease of use! Now with 12" x 24" scanning capability! (ScanNCut Innov-ís models only) Great for scanning 18" doll patterns and large quilt patterns to create cut data.
ScanNCut DX Comparison Chart
|MSRP1||$399.99 (MSRP1)||$499.99 (MSRP1)
Includes over $74 in added value2
Includes over $740 in added value2
Includes over $1,100 in added value2
Standard SDX Features
|5 In LCD Touch Screen Display||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Blade Sensor Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wireless Network Ready||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wireless Connection via PC/Tablet/Mobile3||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|CanvasWorkspace PC-Based Application||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Direct Data Transfer via USB Cable on CanvasWorkspace4||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Maximum Object Readability||600||600||600||600|
Dealer Exclusive Innov-ís Edition Features
|24" Scan Function||-||-||Dealer Exclusive||10 5/8" x 16"|
|PES File Import Capability/PES File Embroidery Stitch Line Detection5||Optional Software(s) Required, Sold Separately: Optional BES 4 ($899.991) and Power Pack 2 Cutting Tool Software ($499.99 MSRP1), total $1399.98 MSRP1, or Optional PE Design 11 ($2,139.99 MSRP1).||Dealer Exclusive||Dealer Exclusive|
|Total Built-in Designs||251 Designs/5 Fonts||682||1,303||1,435|
|Built-in One Point Designs||-||582||1,163 ($575.19 Value6)||1,163 ($575.19 Value6)|
|Built-in Quilt Designs||-||100||140 ($39.60 Value6)||140 ($39.60 Value6)|
Built-in Disney Designs - Dealer Exclusive
|Built-in Disney Designs||-||-||-||152 ($150.48 Value6)|
Standard Included Accessories
|Auto Blade (1 PC)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Auto Blade Holder (1 PC)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|ScanNCut DX 12" x 12" Standard Mat (1 PC)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Getting Started Guide and Sample Cardstock (1 PC)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pen Holder (1 PC)||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Black Pen (1 PC)||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Red Pen (1 PC)||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Touch Pen, Spatula, Accessory Pouch (1 PC of each)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
SDX125e Added Value
|Pattern Collection Bundle3||-||76 ($74.97 MSRP1)||-||-|
|5 Color Pen Set||-||-||✓($17.49 MSRP1)||✓($17.49 MSRP1)|
|2 Erasable Pen Set||-||-||✓($14.99 MSRP1)||✓($14.99 MSRP1)|
|Roll Feeder Bundle||-||-||-||✓ Roll Feeder Bundle ($89.99 MSRP1)|
|Thin Fabric Auto Blade||-||-||✓($16.99 MSRP1)||✓($16.99 MSRP1)|
|Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder||-||-||✓($26.99 MSRP1)||✓($26.99 MSRP1)|
|Fabric Mat||-||-||✓($39.99 MSRP1)||✓($39.99 MSRP1)|
|Iron-On Fabric Contact Sheet (2 PC)||-||-||✓($14.99 MSRP1)||✓($14.99 MSRP1)|
|ScanNCut DX 12" x 12" Low Tack Adhesive Mat (1 PC)||-||-||-||✓($31.99 MSRP1)|
|Universal Pen Holder||-||-||-||✓($19.99 MSRP1)|
|Rhinestone Trial Kit||-||-||-||✓($49.99 MSRP1)|
|Disney Vinyl Auto Blade Kit||-||-||-||✓($99.99 MSRP1)|
|Starter Key Chain Fabric Project||-||-||✓||-|
|Technical Support||Phone/Online Support for the Life of the Product||Phone/Online Support for the Life of the Product||Phone/Online Support for the Life of the Product||Phone/Online Support for the Life of the Product|
|Where to Buy||Online and Mass Retail||Crafting Retailers, Distributors and Online||Authorized Brother Dealers||Authorized Brother Dealers|
1Prices set by retailers and dealers may vary.
2Compared to SDX125e model.
3Available with CanvasWorkspace for web only.
4Connection via USB cable is available for Windows only. Cable not included.
5Reads most PES/PHC/PHX embroidery files. To read PHX file, software version should be 1.1x or higher.
6Value based on built-in designs included vs. the SDX125e.
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Specifications subject to change.
|Work Area||12" x 12"|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||11.75" x 24.375" x 12.0"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||24.6|
|Carton Weight (kg.)||24.6|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||20.906"x 8.465"x 6.811"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||12.79|
|Built-In Quilt Designs||140|
|Direct Connection Via USB Cable||Yes|
|Wireless Connection to PC or Tablet||Yes|
|Wireless Network Ready||Yes|
|Background Scan Adjustment||Darker, Lighter|
|File Formats Supported||FCM, SVG|
|Maximum Scanning Width (in.)||11.7|
|Scan to USB||Yes|
|Scanner Resolution (DPI)||600|
|Scan-to-Cut Data||Detection type: Outline, Detection type: Region, Detection type: Line (Thinning)|
|"In-Box" Consumables/Yield‡||Bonus Fabric Keychain Project Pen Holder Auto Blade Thin Fabric Auto Blade Standard Tack Mat Fabric Mat Getting Started Guide Black Pen Touch Pen and Accessory Pouch 5 color pen set 2 color erasable pen set Iron On Contact Sheet|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Parts & Labor, 2 Year Limited Electronic Components and Printed Circuit Boards|
Supplies & Accessories (14)
|Connectivity‡||Internet connection required.|
|Draw, Emboss, Foil Accessibility‡||Optional accessories required, sold separately.|
|Material Compatibility‡||Material compatibility may vary. Always perform a trial/test cut to confirm a successful cut.|
|Roll Feeder Cut Length and Width‡||Design and cut area is 9.9” inches wide (251.8mm). When using Brother specified material and conditions. This attachment includes a guide rail with trimmer blade to ensure straight cuts of rolled material for smooth feeding and alignment.|