About the Product
The Brother ImageCenter ADS-1000W desktop scanner offers powerful features for your home office or small business in a sleek, compact design. Using the 20-page capacity auto document feeder, this scanner is able to capture single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 16ppm‡, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as single-page documents up to 34" long, receipts, business cards, photographs, and embossed plastic cards using the rear card slot. Wireless network connectivity makes the ADS-1000W simple to connect and share among multiple users, and the easy-to-use TouchPanel display enables one-touch scanning to common destinations including PC, e-mail, FTP, USB flash drive‡, and mobile devices using the free iPrint&Scan app‡. The included suite of scanning software, including receipt, desktop document and business card management programs, makes the ADS-1000W the complete scanning package for your small office.
- Fast Scan Speeds. Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 16ppm‡.
- High-Precision Scanning. Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated.
- Multi-Page Scanning. From the 20-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF).
- Wide Compatibility. Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® compatible
- Versatile Media Handling. Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more - from business card size up to 8.5"(W) x 34"(L).
- Various Scan-to Destinations. Including file, image, e-mail, OCR, FTP, USB flash drive‡, and mobile devices via the free Brother iPrint&Scan app‡.
- Advanced Scanning Features. Including background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, auto crop, and auto image rotation.
- Bundled with a Valuable Software Suite. Including desktop document and business card management, OCR, and receipt management programs‡.
- Wireless Network Connectivity. Plus USB interface for local connections.
- Easy-to-Use TouchPanel Display. For one-touch scanning to common destinations.
- Receipt Management Software. Includes BR-Receipts‡, offering organization of scanned receipts and data exporting to Quicken® and QuickBooks®.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
|Daily Duty Cycle‡ (max. pages)||up to 500 scans per day|
|Media Weights: Multiple Sheets (min/max)||14 lb. - 29 lb.|
|Media Weights: Single Sheets (min/max)||14 lb. - 53 lb.|
|Paper Capacity (max. sheets)||20|
|Paper Size (min)||2" X 2.76"|
|Paper Size: Multiple Sheets (max.)||8.5" x 11.7"|
|Paper Size: Single Sheet‡ (max.)||8.5" x 34"|
|Plastic Card Sizes (Min/Max)||2.0"(W) x 2.76"(L) / 2.17"(W) x 3.74"(L)|
|Plastic Card Thickness||0.4mm - 0.76mm / Embossed up to 1.4mm|
|Duplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ipm)‡||32|
|Image Sensor||Dual CIS|
|Included Software||Nuance® PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows, Brother ControlCenter2 with OCR for Mac®, Presto!® PageManager® with OCR for Mac®|
|Interpolated Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Optical Scan Resolution (max. dpi)||up to 600 X 600 dpi|
|Scan Drivers Included‡||TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE|
|Scanning Capability||Black and White, Color|
|Scanning Modes||24-Bit Color, 8-Bit Gray Scale, 1-Bit Monochrome|
|Simplex Scan Speeds (black & color) (max ppm)‡||16|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Brother iPrint&Scan|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, FTP Client and Server, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client|
|USB Host Location(s)||Side|
|Automatic Document Feeder Capacity (max. pages)||20-sheet capacity ADF|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||15.0" x 6.5" x 8.75"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||5.5|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||11.2" x 4.1" x 3.3"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||3.3|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||15% - 85%|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||41°F - 95°F (5°C - 35°C)|
|Power Source||AC Adapter|
|Carton Contents||ADS-1000W Scanner, AC Adapter, USB Cable, Receipt Carrier Sheet, Quick Setup Guide, Installation DVD, User's Guide (accessible from DVD), Warranty Sheet, and Product Registration Sheet|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited|
Supplies & Accessories (3)
|BR-Receipts||BR-Receipts software available via download from Brother Online (only available in the USA). Visit http://www.brothercloud.com/br-receipts for download details. Quicken and QuickBooks are trademarks and service marks of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.|
|Daily Duty Cycle ‡||Maximum number of scanned pages per day can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum product life, it is best to choose a scanner with a daily duty cycle that exceeds your requirements.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility. The Brother iPrint&Scan free app download is not available in all countries.|
|Operating System Compatibility ‡||For complete OS compatibility visit www.support.brother.com.|
|Scan Drivers Included ‡||SANE driver available for download from Brother Solutions Center. Visit http://solutions.brother.com.|
|Scanning Speed||Color and monochrome scan speed with all advanced features turned off, LTR at 300dpi. See www.brother.com for details.|
|USB Direct Interface||USB flash memory drive not included.|