The ImageCenter ADS-3000N Desktop Scanner offers high-speed color scanning up to 50ppm‡ with Gigabit Ethernet and SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity. Single-pass duplex with an up to 50-sheet capacity document feeder. Scan business and plastic cards, photos, receipts, and documents up to 196” long‡. Versatile scan-to destinations including OCR, print, email, FTP / SFTP, network, SharePoint, USB flash drive‡, and mobile devices via the free iPrint&Scan app‡. Up to 1200 dpi interpolated resolution, plus a robust collection of image optimization and paper handling features including background removal, deskew support, blank page removal, jam sensor and ultrasonic multi-feed detection. Supports most industry standard drivers for easy integration, and Kofax VRS® compatible†.
- High-Speed Scanning Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 50ppm‡. Use the 50-sheet capacity auto document feeder for multi-page documents.
- Flexible connectivity. Gigabit Ethernet Networking plus a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface for local connectivity.
- Versatile Scan-to Destinations Includes Network folders, FTP/SFTP, SharePoint, and mobile devices via the free Brother iPrint&Scan app‡.
- Integrated Image Optimization Feature Includes hole punch removal, background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, and more.
- Advanced scanning features. Includes 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11" x 17" documents, and Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file.
- Flexible media handling. Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more - from business card size up to 8.5"(W) x 196"(L).
- Bundled with a Powerful Software Suite. Includes advanced OCR, PDF editing, and desktop document management programs.
- Kofax VRS® Certified‡ An industry leader in image processing software that automatically examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results
- Wide compatibility. Supports Windows, Mac®, and Linux®.
- At your side support. Free online, call or live chat support for the life of your product.
- Acceptable Media Types
- Daily Duty Cycle‡
- Maximum Paper Capacity (sheets)
- Maximum Paper Size: Duplex Mode
- 8.5" x 14"
- Maximum Paper Size: Multiple Sheets
- 8.5" x 14"
- Maximum Paper Size: Single Sheet‡
- 8.5" x 196"
- Media Weights: Multiple Sheets
- 11 lb. - 110 lb.
- Media Weights: Single Sheets
- 11 lb. - 110 lb.
- Minimum Paper Size
- 2" X 2"
- Plastic Card Sizes (Min/Max)
- 2.0"(W) x 2.76"(L) / 2.13"(W) x 3.37"(L)
- Plastic Card Thickness
- Embossed: up to 1.4mm (55 mil)
- Advanced Scanning Features
- Continuous Scan‡, ADF Auto Deskew, Blank Page Skip, ID Scan‡, Scan Profiles
- Direct Scanning Destinations‡
- File, Image, E-mail, FTP/SFTP, OCR, Print, Network, USB Flash Memory Drive, SharePoint
- Duplex Scanning
- Image Sensor
- Dual CIS
- Maximum Black Scan Speed: Duplex‡ (ppm)
- Maximum Black Scan Speed: Simplex‡ (ppm)
- Maximum Color Scan Speed: Duplex‡ (ppm)
- Maximum Color Scan Speed: Simplex‡ (ppm)
- Maximum Interpolated Scan Resolution
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Optical Scan Resolution
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Scan Driver Compatibility
- TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE
- Scan Drivers Included‡
- TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE
- Scan File Formats
- Windows Bitmap (BMP), Microsoft Office Word (DOCX), JPEG (JPG), PDF Single-page/Multi-page (PDF/A, High Compression PDF, XML Paper Specification (XPS), Portable Network Graphics (PNG), Microsoft Office PowerPoint (PPTX), TIFF Single-page/Multi-page (TIF), Text (TXT)
- Scan To Feature
- E-mail, Shared Folder, Print, Image, OCR, File, FTP, USB, Network Folder (CIFS - Windows only), SharePoint, SSH Server (SFTP)
- Scanning Capability
- Black and White, Color
- Scanning Modes
- 24-Bit Color, 8-Bit Gray Scale, 1-Bit Monochrome
- Automatic Document Feeder
- 50-sheet capacity ADF
- Programmable Shortcut Buttons
- Scanner Type
Advanced Scan Features
- Barcode Support‡
- Barcode Types Supported
- UPC-A, UPC-E, JAN8, JAN13, Code39, Code93, ITF, Code128, Codabar, GS1_128, PDF417, QR Code, Data Matrix
- Color Dropout
- Red, Blue, Green, Custom
- Kofax VRS‡
- Compatible with Kofax VRS versions 5.1 and up
- Paper Jam Sensor
- Scanner Services
- Hole Punch Removal, Edge Fill, Color Matching, Preview Mode, Despeckle, Multi-Feed Detection, Background Removal, Blank Page Removal, Continuous Scanning, 2-in-1 Scanning, USB Direct Interface, Plastic Card Scanning, Deskew Support
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Industry-Specific Certifications
- eduphoria!, Citrix Ready
- Standard Interface(s)
- Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)
- ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP, SMTP Client, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client
- Wi-Fi Certified
- Security Functions
- Enterprise Security (802.1x), SSL/TLS, IPSec
- Security Protocols (Wired)
- SMTP-AUTH, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4), SNMP v3, 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS), Kerberos, IPSec
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")
- 12.1" x 10.2" x 9.8 "
- Unit Weight (lbs)
- Carton Width
- Carton Height
- Carton Length
- Carton Weight
- 13.6 lbs
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Operating Environment: Humidity
- 20% - 80%
- Operating Environment: Temperature
- 41°F - 95°F (5°C - 35°C)
- Power Consumption - Power Off/Ready/Scanning/Sleep
- Ready = 4.1W / Deep Sleep = 2.9W / Scanning = 30W
- Power Source
- AC Adapter
- Carton Contents
- ImageCenter ADS-3000N Scanner, AC Adapter, USB Cable, Carrier Sheet, Quick Setup Guide, Installation DVD, User's Guide (accessible from DVD), Warranty Sheet, and Product Registration Sheet
- 1 Year Limited
|Daily Duty Cycle ‡||Maximum number of scanned pages per day can be used to compare designed durability between like Brother products. For maximum product life, it is best to choose a scanner with a daily duty cycle that exceeds your requirements.|
|Duplex Scan Speed ‡ (ipm)||Color and monochrome scan speed with all advanced features turned off, LTR at 300dpi. See www.brother.com for details.|
|Kofax VRS®‡||Certified with Kofax VRS® versions Elite 5.1 and Express 3.2. Windows® only. Additional purchase required.|
|Max. Paper Size‡ (single sheet)||Single sheet, single-sided, 14-29lb bond.|
|Media Weights‡||For best performance, carrier sheet use is recommended for media weights under 39 g/m2.|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.connectprintshare.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.|
|Scan Drivers Included ‡||ISIS driver not available for Windows® XP. SANE driver available for download from Brother Solutions Center. Visit http://solutions.brother.com.|
|Scanning Speed ‡ (ppm)||Color and monochrome scan speed with all advanced features turned off, LTR at 300dpi. See www.brother.com for details.|
|USB Direct Interface‡||USB flash memory drive not included.|