Your session has timed out. Please log in again
Digitize on the Go: Portable Scanners - Mobile Scanners
Lightweight, easily portable scanners that pack reliable performance, space-saving design and simple operations into a mobile, user-friendly design for home, home office, small office or on-the-go use.
Portable & Compact
Brother mobile document scanners are lightweight and have a compact footprint.
Easy & Convenient
Make scanning and retrieving forms, photos, and receipts easier than ever before.
Select models come with automatic color detection, bleed through, color drop, and more.
Desk Saving Design
Some scanners feature a unique Desk Saving Design (DSD) for even the smallest spaces.
Portable Scanners FAQs
As more and more technology goes mobile, portable scanners are becoming increasingly popular. These mobile devices are great for busy people and businesses on the go. If you are thinking about adding a portable scanner to your home or office, it’s important to know exactly what it does, how to choose the right one, and how a mobile document scanner can benefit you and your digitizing needs. Read on to learn more.
What is a portable scanner?
A portable scanner allows you to scan photos, documents, receipts, and images even while out and about. Unlike traditional scanners that sit on a desktop, portable scanners are designed to be used on the go.
While portable scanners can do the same work as desktop scanners, they are lighter, smaller, and more streamlined, allowing you to take yours along wherever your travels might take you.
What are the benefits of a portable scanner?
- Lightweight: With some handheld scanner models weighing in at less than 1.5 pounds, portable scanners are designed to make it easy to scan on the go. Most mobile scanners fit easily into a backpack, purse, suitcase, or briefcase.
- Speed: A smaller design doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice scan speed. Mobile document scanners can scan both color as well as black and white quickly and efficiently.
- Versatile: Many portable scanners can scan a wide variety of documents and images, from small photos to blueprints and everything in between. You can even opt for a portable duplex scanner for convenient two-sided scanning.
- Convenient: Getting work done on your time and schedule is easier than before with a portable handheld scanner. The world is your office, allowing you the freedom to travel while still taking care of business!
What’s a handheld scanner?
As its name suggests, a handheld document scanner is a small device that can be held in the user’s hand. Like its larger-size counterparts, it can scan and digitize documents and other media, but with handheld scanners, the user guides the device over the paper rather than placing the document into the device.
What’s the best portable scanner for documents?
Portable document scanners are smaller than their desk-bound counterparts, but they provide you with plenty of impressive features. To determine the best mobile scanner for your needs, consider some of the available features and functions:
- Color and Monochrome: Whether you need black and white documents or full-color images, a portable document scanner can deliver high-quality results when you need them. NOTE: Look up document enhancement features
- Wide Compatibility: Brother portable scanners are versatile and compatible with Mac®, Linux, and PC. Make sure your scanner has the compatibility you’re looking for.
- Wall Outlet Optional: When you’re on the go, you don’t want to find yourself scrambling for a wall outlet as your scanner’s battery dies. That’s why it’s important to look for portable scanner that doesn’t rely on a wall outlet to function; some only need a USB cable to stay fully charged and ready for anything.
- Not all features are available on all models.
- When connected to a PC with applicable software. Drivers and bundled software available via download at solutions.brother.com. Internet connection required. Refer to User Guide for more information.