Add some summer time flair to your drink glasses with these fun fruit inspired decals.
You will need: Drink glasses (of your choice in type/style), Brother vinyl in various colors, ScanNCut DX, roll feeder, cardstock, twine, non-toxic glue.
For CanvasWorkspace Tag craft:
- Download 000038A.fcm to your machine. (This is a CanvasWorkspace pattern.)
- For each tag, choose a color of paper for the top layer and the bottom layer. (We chose white for the bottom layer and orange for the top layer.)
- Trim your paper pieces to align with the cutting pattern on the mat. Use the machine’s scanning function to double-check that the placement is correct.
- Cut the pattern.
- Use glue to attach the layers of the tags together, and string twine through the top hole of the tag. Loop around the top of a glass (we used a standard mason jar) and tie a bow to secure.
For Watermelon Decals:
- Download WatermelonSeeds.fcm to your machine.
- Load the roll feeder with black vinyl.
- Cut the seed shape pattern, remove the black vinyl from the machine and set aside.
- Download WatermelonRind.fcm to your machine.
- Select a light green vinyl color and load it into the roll feeder.
- Cut out the pattern and set aside.
- Select a darker green vinyl color and load it into the roll feeder, repeating the same process over again with the same cut files.
- Now, take the black watermelon seeds and arrange on the top half of the glass, scattering to mimic a watermelon.
- Take the light and dark green vinyl shapes and layer over one another on the bottom half of the glass, mimicking the striping texture of a watermelon rind.
For Pineapple Decals:
- For this project, we used Brother vinyl in metallic gold.
- Download “Pineapples.fcm” to your machine.
- Load the roll feeder with the metallic gold vinyl.
- Cut the pineapple shapes.
- Apply the pineapples in a scattered pattern to the glass.
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *