-Brother Crafts Blogger
Have you ever heard of waterproof paper? Sounds crazy right? It comes in a few colors and measures to be 8.5” x 11”. I’m not exactly sure what the paper is made of, but it seems to be made from some type of plastic. The paper is resistant to tears, but it does cut easily using your Brother ScanNCut. I love the idea of this paper because if you can be creative with just basic paper, imagine what you can do with waterproof paper. With today’s project, we will be combining waterproof paper and vinyl, so I don’t necessarily recommend that you have the project near water for a long period of time.
This project is perfect for kids of all ages. It’s especially great for Summer camps where kids can craft together and be inspired by each other’s fun choices. Kids enjoy this project because it allows them to be creative and hands-on. It allows them to have fun being a fashion designer for the day and if your kid loves fashion, they will go down a rabbit hole with this project. LOL!
Today, we’re going to create butterflies to go onto our flip flops but please don’t allow that to stand in the way of your creativity. This project of customizing your flip flops is to inspire you and give you a fun idea of what projects you can create for yourself or for your kids. There are so many ways you can customize your flip flops for both boys and girls. Below I’ve listed some ideas to get you started.
Custom Flip Flop Ideas
- Colorful Bugs
- Colorful Happy Faces
- Rainbows and Sunshine
Supplies & tools:
- Brother ScanNCut
- Brother ScanNCut Cutting mat
- Waterproof Paper
- Craft Vinyl in Various Colors
- Flip Flops
- Quick Dry Craft Glue
1. Bring your shape(s) into canvas or into your Brother ScanNCut and resize it to 1”-1.5”.
2. Starting with the waterproof paper, cut the base shape. If the waterproof paper isn’t your desired color, cut the base shape from the craft vinyl as well.
3. Next, with the craft vinyl, cut out the design that you want layered onto the base shape.
4. Remove the cut outs from the Brother ScanNCut Cutting mat and layer the pieces together making sure to cover the brown (bottom) side of the waterproof paper.
5. Take your craft glue and glue your shapes onto the band of your flip flop. Allow to dry.
6. That’s it!