Brother Crafts Blogger
The ScanNCut is an electronic cutter. The word cutter is in the description. Therefore, it makes sense that most of the questions I get are about cutting. With that in mind, here are some basic cutting tips:
- Everything you cut goes on a sticky mat. It must stick to the mat to cut.
- ScanNCut cuts a wide range of materials, up to 2mm. If a craft knife would cut it, the ScanNCut will most likely cut it.
- Blade Pressure is all about how hard you have to work to cut that material.
- Speed: Intricate design (slower), Simple design (slow)
- Blade Depth is the depth of the material you are cutting.
- Two types of Blades: Standard and Deep Cut
One thing I didn’t say in the video is that Test Cuts are your friend! I do at least one every single time I sit down to use my ScanNCut and you should too! Talk to you next week!