The term “Brother” or “we” refers to Brother International Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions.
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
© 2015 Brother International Corporation. All rights reserved.
1. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Your access to and use of the text, graphics, images, materials and other information on this site (the “Content”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Content for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By accessing the Content, you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained herein. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using this site.
2. Use of the Content. The Content may not be copied, distributed, published, licensed, used or reproduced in any way except to identify the products and services of Brother or as otherwise expressly authorized by Brother. The Content is provided for your use in accordance with the Terms and Conditions hereunder. Without the express prior written authorization of Brother, you may not: (a) imply that Brother is endorsing you or your business; or (b) misrepresent you or your business’s relationship with Brother. In no way may you present false, misleading, disparaging or inaccurate information about the Content, Brother or Brother’s products or services. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
3. Use of Brother Product Images. The images of the Brother products provided on this site (the “Product Images”) may not be altered or distorted so as to misrepresent or inaccurately display the design or style of the product. You may not alter or modify the Product Images if such alteration or modification misrepresents the design, use or function of the product.
4. Use of Brother Copy. You acknowledge that the Product copy and/or marketing pieces for each Brother product provided on this site may contain disclaimers or conditions. You agree that you shall not use such copy or marketing pieces without the applicable disclaimers or conditions included.
5. Use of Brother Logo. By accessing this site, you acknowledge that the Brother logo mark (i.e., the “brother” mark) (referred to herein as the “Logo”) and the Brother logo mark with corporate message (i.e., the “brother” mark with the “at your side” provision) (referred to herein as the “Logo with Corporate Message”, the Logo and Logo with Corporate Message may be referred to collectively as the “Logos”) is proprietary to Brother. Third parties may not use the Logos without authorization from Brother. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may use the Logos solely for advertising or marketing, on a website or in written material which you control as an authorized distributor or reseller of Brother products. Any use of the Logos by you must comply with the guidelines below. Any use of the Logos that is contrary to the guidelines is strictly prohibited. You may only alter the Logos for resizing purposes in accordance with the Logo guidelines. Brother reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your right to use the Logos for any reason and at any time.
a. The Logos must be used as provided by Brother without any changes, except as allowed under these guidelines.
b. The Logos must have a minimum amount of clear space around it. The minimum required space around each Logo is 0.25 mm. Large letters, symbols, numbers or other marks cannot be positioned within the minimum required space around each Logo.
c. The Logo minimum size for: (a) printed material is 15 mm in length and (b) a Web site is 40 pixels.
d. The Logo with Corporate Message minimum size for: (a) printed material is 20 mm in length and (b) a Web site is 70 pixels.
e. The Logos cannot be combined with another mark or service, product or company name. The Logos can only be used as a stand-alone mark.
f. The color of the Logos may not be changed or modified.
g. The Logos shall not be used to negatively reflect Brother nor its products.
6. Copyright. Except for the foregoing limited license to use the Content, nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to you a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other Intellectual Property Right (defined below) of Brother or any third party. The Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Content belong solely to Brother or its affiliates. “Intellectual Property Rights” includes the following (wherever and whenever arising and for the full term of each of them): any and all rights to all patents, trademarks, trade names, service marks, service names, designs, design rights, copyrights, database rights, moral rights, knowhow, trade secrets and other confidential information in any country, or any other similar intellectual or commercial right (in each case whether or not registered or registrable) and registrations of and applications to register any of them.
7. Changes. The Content and these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. We will make such changes by posting them on this site. Your continued use of and access to this site after such changes conclusively demonstrates your acceptance of those changes. You should check this site for such changes frequently. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Content and Terms and Conditions.
a. Brother makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the Content. Your use of the Content and this site is at your own risk. Neither Brother, nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Content or this site.
b. This site may provide links or references to other sites, but Brother has no responsibility for the content on such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this site.
c. Brother assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site, or your downloading of the Content.
9. No Warranties. The Content on this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ADVICE OR CONTENT GIVEN BY BROTHER, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. BROTHER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE GENERALLY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTIBLE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
10. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Brother, its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, arising from, or related to, (i) any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions or applicable law, (ii) any misrepresentation of the Content by you; or (iii) any alteration or modification of the Content by you.
11. Severability. In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, we shall amend that provision or, at our discretion, such provision may be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
12. Governing Law. Except for trademark and copyright matters governed by the federal laws of the United States, the foregoing provisions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof.