Brother Crafts Blogger
Father's Day is the best time to shower Dad with love. Here's a cute and practical gift idea that you can create using the ScanNCut machine!
Materials: Brother ScanNCut machine, Rosewood Std font (download the printable HERE and the .fcm cut file HERE), mug, vinyl, vinyl transfer tape, etching cream, spatula, gloves
Step 1: Create your cut file. To do that you have a few different options:
- Create your artwork (or snag mine HERE), print it and then scan it into your ScanNCut machine. Note: This
- Create your artwork (or snag mine HERE), open up ScanNCutCanvas and use the "Image Tracing" option to upload your .jpg and create a cut file that you can save to your computer or memory stick and then transfer it over to your ScanNCut.
- Or just download the cut file HERE.
Step 2: Once you have your cut file loaded into the ScanNCut machine, change your blade settings to 1 and the cut pressure to 0. Place the vinyl onto the mat and load it into the machine and then press "cut".
Step 3: Remove the vinyl from the mat and remove all of the pieces you don't need...in this case all the black parts of the design.
Step 4: Apply transfer tape to the front of the vinyl design, burnish it well with your thumb, bone folder or whatever you have on hand and then carefully remove the backing paper from the vinyl/transfer tape. Place your vinyl design onto your glass.
Step 5: Apply the etching cream as per the manufactures instructions and wait the proper amount of time for your design to be etched into the glass.
Step 6: Scrape off the etching cream, rinse off the glass, remove the vinyl, and then give your mug a good cleaning.
Step 7: Tie a cute tag onto the etched mug and you’re ready to give it to Dad! To create the tag you’ll need the following:
- Two shades of blue cardstock
- Scrap of red patterned paper
- Screw embellishment
- ScanNCut file AR-K032 (Bookplate)
- ScanNCut file FO_A002 (font)
- ScanNCut file BA_A067 (heart)