A great collaboration between Sews and Crafts comes together and the results are a stylish customized apron just in time for summer!
- Get your apron and sketch out where you want your pockets to go! It helps to plan ahead at this stage. We also cut out some variously sized rectangles to act as tool loops and hearts as decoration -- get creative! The steps below outline how to attach the pockets to your apron.
- Download Apron Pocket.fcm to your machine. Duplicate the design as many times as needed to create your desired number of pockets.
- Attach your fabric to your mat using the High-Tack Fabric Support Sheet.
- Use the appropriate blade to cut out the fabric (Thin Fabric Auto Blade for thin fabrics, Auto Blade for thicker fabrics)
- Set aside your pocket shapes. Repeat steps 1-4 with any additional fabric patterns or types you desire.
- Use an iron to crease down ¼” along the edges of each pocket.
- Use a sewing machine to sew a seam with a ¼” allowance along the top of each pocket. We used some decorative stitch types for a varied effect, but feel free to get creative!
- Then use the sewing machine to sew the sides and bottoms of each pocket to the apron, using a ¼” allowance.
- You’re done!
Leave a Comment
Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked with *